- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I set up the liver unit in Wales and was accredited in 2010 as the centre of excellence by the Welsh Assembly. We provide care for all liver surgical problems including liver resections, management of complex gallbladder and biliary problems, management of bile duct injury and emergencies including liver trauma and liver abscess.
We are now one of the high volume units in the country doing around 100 liver resections a year with excellent audited outcomes.
Areas of interest
Liver cancer; Liver surgery; Hepatobiliary(surgery); gallbladder surgery; bile duct surgery; pancreatic surgery
Current NHS consultant posts held
Lead consultant in Hepatopancreatobiliary surgery
University Hospital of Wales
Mini ALPPS in extending indications for liver surgery in colorectal liver metastases
prognostic factors in outcomes in colorectal liver metastases
liver resection for liver abscess
simulation on surgical emergencies for medical students
poetry in tamil, Reading, walking
Featured in a opinion piece in My Weekly.
Consulted for liver related issues by the press.
Courses offered to GPs
Given many talks to GPs across South Wales on Liver surgery.
Data from 2003-2017
Liver resections 760
Readmission rates <1%
Hospital stay (median) 7 days
Patient satisfaction survey - over 94% of patients reported the experience in Cardiff as good to excellent.
- MBBS Madras Medical College 1988
- Master of Surgery University of Bombay 1992
- Diplomate of National Board Narional Board of Medical Sciences, India 1992
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow 1993
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 1993
- FRCS Intercollegiate board of examinations (UK) 2000
- LL.M (legal aspects of medical practice) Cardiff University 2009
- Clinical Fellowship in Liver transplantation University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada 1999
Reference number 4403762
Affiliations / memberships
Association of Upper GI Surgeons of UK
International Hepatopancreatobiliary Association