- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Foot & Ankle
Welcome to Aamir Zubairy's profile page. The most important thing I need to know from you is how Your physical problem affects Your life. On my part, this begins with listening to You. We shall develop a dialogue, through which you will understand the diagnostic process, your own unique problem, your treatment choices and the recovery process.
I believe that knowledgeable patients make the best decisions about their own treatment. That's why I shall explain every step of the diagnostic process.
I want you to understand your condition: How it developed and how various treatment approaches can improve or repair the problem. When we will consider treatment alternatives, I will present to you a realistic outlook on the results that we can achieve. I'll also be frank about any risks that might be involved. If a non-surgical option was available, I'll explain that avenue in depth.
My professional staff and I will also provide you with patient education materials, (e.g., web sites and leaflets) that will give you added appreciation of your condition and treatment options.
Wishing you safe and speedy relief from your symptoms.
Areas of interest
Bunion surgery; Toe deformities; Foot deformity; Stiff Big toe; Hammer toe; Heel pain; Plantar fasciitis; Shockwave treatment; ESWT; Ankle pain and instability; Ankle sports injuries; Total ankle replacement; Arthroscopic ankle surgery; Arthroscopy; Minimal invasive surgery(MIS); Lower limb trauma; Total knee replacement; Foot surgery; Ankle surgery;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
Honourary Senior clinical Lecturer, University of Central Lancashire
Honourary Lecturer University of Lancaster
Post operative pain relief
1st MTP joint replacement Vs fusion
Lesser MTP joint pathology
Ankle sports Injuries
Outcomes in Total Ankle Replacement Surgery
PROMs in foot and ankle surgery
Shockwave treatment (ESWT) for tendon problems.
Non surgical aesthetics
Clinical Excellence Award Level 8
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Fluent
- Urdu - Fluent
1. How safe is blood sampling? Injury to anterior interosseus nerve by venepuncture.
Postgrad Med J. 2002; 78: 625
2. Scapholunate fusion in the management of symptomatic scapholunate dissociation
J hand surgery. (British and European Volume, 2003) 28B: 4: 311-314
3. Frost Bite in both feet: Conservative approach
Foot & Ankle surgery 9:33,183-186, Elsevier, 2003
4.Posterior ankle arthroscopy portal safety regarding proximity to the tibial and sural nerves
Acta Orthopaedics Belgica. 2008, 3 Vol. 74/3. 370-373
5.The Efficacy of Combined Popliteal and Ankle Blocks in Forefoot Surgery
J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2008;90:1443-1446
6. Second metatarsophalangeal joint instability and second metatarsal length association depends on the method of measurement..
Foot & Ankle Int 31(6):486-91 (2010) PMID 20557813
7. Managing heel pain
British Journal of Hospital Medicine, April 2019, Vol 80, No 4
8. Imaging the patient with heel pain.
Br J Hosp Med (Lond). 2019 Apr 2;80(4):192-195. doi: 10.12968/hmed.2019.80.4.192
9. Quality measure of total ankle replacement outcomes in a non-designer centre.
May 2020. Journal of Orthopaedics 20
Courses offered to GPs
Foot and ankle disorders
Examination of foot & ankle
Joint Injection techniques and their rationale
Common foot & ankle conditions and their management in primary care.
Extracorporeal Shock Wave Treatment
Stilettoes and foot
- FRCS (Eng) Royal College of Surgeon. London 2015
- FRCSI Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland 1994
- FRCS (Tr & Orth) Intercollegiate specialty Board in orthopaedic Surgery 2001
- MB BS University of Karachi 1987
- Fellowship training in Foot & Ankle Wirral University Hospitals 2002
Reference number 4400422
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society 2020
- Member British Medical Asscoiation 2020
- Fellow British Orthopaedic Association 2020
Details of entry to specialist register
- Certificate of completion of specialist training. CCST, 2002
Affiliations / memberships
BMA, British Orthopaedic Association, British Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society, European Federation of Foot & Ankle Surgeons, Premium Medical Protection, AO UK Faculty Member, Examiner for MRCS and FRCS (Tr & Orth), Examiner for medical students. Manchester, Educational Supervisor for foundation & speciality trainees and allied health professionals, BOA Education & Revalidation committee former member, Honorary Senior clinical lecturer, UCLAN and Lancaster University.
- BMI The Beardwood Hospital Preston New Road...
- 18:00 - 19:30
- 01254 507607
- BMI The Highfield Hospital, OL11 4LZ
- 08:30 - 11:00
- 01706 655121
- First Trust Hospital. Durton Lane. Broughton....
- 10:00 - 11:00
- 07526 059948
- spire fylde coast hospital
- 13:30 - 16:00
- 07526 059948
- The Manchester Clinic
- 17:00 - 18:00
- 0161 667 4567
- The Wilmslow Hospital
- 14:30 - 16:30
- 01625 545036
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details