- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 29 Jun 2020
- Inflammatory bowel disease
Having completed speciality training in Gastroenterology from the UK, I have been working as NHS Consultant Gastroenterologist since 2003. I have extensive experience in managing acute and chronic Gastrointestinal and Liver diseases. I have special interest in endoscopic procedures and I am an accredited bowel cancer screening colonoscopist. My aim is to deliver a safe, effective and up to date care to all my patients.
Areas of interest
-Reflux and Dyspepsia (indigestion),
-Investigation and treatment of bowel symptoms
(diarrhoea,constipation,rectal bleeding, abdominal pain)
-Abnormal liver function
-Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
-Endoscopy and colonoscopy,
-Iron deficiency anaemia investigation and treatment
-Bowel cancer screening
- Jayne Kirk
- Spire Nottingham Hospital Tollerton Lane Tollerton Nottingham NG12 4GA
- 0115 937 7687
- The Lincoln BMI Hospital: http://www.bmihealthcare.co.uk/lincoln
- United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust: http://www.ulh.nhs.uk
- Nottingham Spire Hospital: http://www.spirehealthcare.com/Spire-nottingham-hospital
Current NHS consultant posts held
Lincoln County Hospital
endoscopy and biopsy
keeping myself updated with world affairs
Clinical Excellence awards
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Bengali - Native or bilingual
- Hindi - Fluent
- Panjabi, Punjabi - Conversational
- Urdu - Conversational
1 American Journal of Gastroenterology 2001;96: 271-73
2 European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2001;13:603-609
3 Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 2003;1319-1324.
4 European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepatology 2001;79-80.
5 Postgraduate Medical Journal 2000; 76:157-59.
6.American Journal of Gastroenterology 2000; 95:579-80.
7 Postgraduate Medical Journal 2004:80:475-477.
8 European Journal of Gastroenterology & Hepatology 2004;16:1173-1176.
Courses offered to GPs
Any topic on Gastroenterology or liver diseases except viral hapatitis.
>95% caecal intubation in colonoscopy consistently
>40% ADR (adenoma detection rate)
>95% polyp retrieval rate
- MBBS Calcutta Medical College, University of Calcutta 1987
- MD PGIMER, Chandigarh, India 1991
- MRCP Royal College of Physician, London 1995
- CCST (Gastroenterology and General Internal Medicine) Speciality Training Authority 2002
- FRCP Royal College of Physician, London (2008-2015) 2008
- FRCP Royal college of Physicians of Edinburgh 2015
Reference number 4384656
Affiliations / memberships
British Society of Gastroenterology
Royal College of Physician, Edinburgh
Midland Society of Gastroenterology
British Medical Association
- BMI The Lincoln Hospital
- 18:00 - 21:00
- 01522 578000
- Nottingham Spire Hospital
- 15:00 - 20:00
- 0115 937 7687
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Tel: 01427 677705
If you do not get a response on the above number, please try 01522 578000 @ BMI Lincoln
@ Spire Nottingham : 0115 9377687 or 0115 9377800