- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Spire Yale Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Areas of particular interest are cataract, diabetic eye disease, age-related macular degeneration and other medical retinal conditions, vitreo-retinal surgery and paediatric ophthalmology
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery, Retinal disease / surgery; Vitreo-retinal surgery; Strabismus ('squint'); Glaucoma;
Current NHS consultant posts held
Wrexham Maelor Hospital
Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
Age related macular degeneration
Retinal vascular disorders
Cataract surgery in patients with glaucoma
Indian Percussion music
(Additional) Languages spoken
Posterior capsular rupture rate 1.03%
- MBBS Delhi University 1986
- Diploma in Ophthalmology Pondicherry University 1988
- Master of Surgery (Ophthalmology) Karnatak University 1991
- Diplomate of National Board (Ophthalmology) National Board 1991
- FRCS The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1996
- FRCOphth The Royal College of Ophthalmologist 1999
- Vitreo-retinal fellowship Medical Research Foundation 1993
- Retinal Advanced sub-speciality training Moorfields Eye Hospital 2003
Reference number 4288475
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Honorary Lecturer Cardiff University 2005
- Education Committee Member The Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2010
- Honarary Senior Lecturer Bangor University 2011
- Chairman, Medical Training Intitative Sub-committee The Royal College of Ophthalmologist 2015
- Examiner The Royal College of Ophthalmologists 2009
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC, 2003
Affiliations / memberships
The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
All India Ophthalmic Society
British & Eire Society of Vitreo-retinal Surgeons
Delhi Ophthalmic Society
North of England Ophthalmic Society
European Society of Retinal Specialists
- Spire Yale Hospital, LL13 7YP
- 11:00 - 12:30
- 01978 291306
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Contact me through the hospital at 01978 291306.
In my absence, my colleague Mr Kamal Sahni will be contacted.