- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Divya Prakash is a Consultant Orthopaedic Lower Limb Specialist. He offers expert assessment and treatment of knee symptoms in adults of all ages, from young athletes with sports-related injuries to elderly patients with established arthritis of the knee. Friendly and approachable, Mr Prakash always involves the patient in the decision-making process to find a solution that best suits their individual needs and lifestyle.
Mr Prakash is a recognised specialist in disorders and surgery of the knee joint. He has particular interests in sports injuries, ligament reconstruction, cartilage transplantation and knee and hip surgery.
He is one of the leading surgeons performing computer navigated surgery, knee replacement using patient specific instrumentation and partial knee replacements and one of the few surgeons performing cartilage regenerative surgery including cartilage transplant. He has lectured and presented widely at national and international levels and is constantly researching new and improving methods of treatment.
The training of specialist registrars is a regular part of his routine and he has been invited to teach at many institutions and is a faculty member and examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons and is Honorary Senior Lecturer at Birmingham and Aston Universities.
Areas of interest
Total knee replacement; arthroscopy; ACL reconstruction; cartilage repair; sports injuries; hip replacement surgery; knee ligament reconstruction; computer assisted surgery, UKR, partial knee replacement
- Geraldine Fahy
- Spire Little Aston Hospital Little Aston Hall Drive Little Aston Sutton Coldfield West Midlands B74 3UP
- 0121 580 7302
- 0121 352 1971
- Julie Vine
- BMI The Edgbaston Hospital 22 Somerset Road Edgbaston BIRMINGHAM B15 2QQ
- 0121 452 2830
- 0121 452 2827
- Karen Coates
- BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital St. Andrews Road Droitwich Spa Worcestershire WR9 8DN
- 07779 928532
- 0121 345 0936
- Karen Coates Practice Manager
- Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital Wood Road Wolverhampton West Midlands WV6 8LE
- 01902 793225
- 01902 793288
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
Sandwell & West Birmingham NHS Hospitals Trust
1. Outcome of meniscal repairs in adolescents and very young adults;
2. Cartilage regeneration of the knee;
3. Preservation of some medial osteophyte in the acetabulum while performing uncemented total hip replacement.
Mr Prakash represented his medical school in cricket and is still a keen follower of the sport. He is enthusiastic about digital photography and also likes to play bridge. He is a fundraiser and long-time supporter of various charities.
1. Recommended to be an Instructor for BATLS course - 2000.
2. Best performance at the M.S. Orthopaedic Examination - l992.
3. Amongst the l0 best graduating students in class of 125 - l983.
4. Honours in Forensic Medicine and Toxicology - l981.
English and Hindi
1. Proximal femoral geometry & its application in primary Total Hip Replacements.
Published in The Journal of Arthroplasty: Vol 21, No 6, Sept 2006, 897-898
2. Magnification error of digital x-rays on the computer screen with S Ranjikar, R Prakash.
Published in the Nepal Medical College Journal: Vol 16, No 2-4, 88/054-55, 182-185; 2016
Courses offered to GPs
1. Cartilage regeneration in the knee;
2. Knee examination in two minutes for GPs;
3. Management of swollen knee;
4. Bone preserving hip replacement.
- MBBS Patna Medical College, Patna, India 1984
- MS Orthopaedics Rajendra Medical College, Ranchi, India 1992
- FRCS Edinburgh 1995
- FRCS Glasgow 1995
- MCh Orthopaedics Liverpool 1998
- FRCS (Orthopaedics) Glasgow 2000
Reference number 4272207
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery, 2002
Affiliations / memberships
1. British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
2. British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK)
2. Indian Orthopaedic Society UK (IOSUK)
- BMI The Droitwich Spa Hospital
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 07779 928532
- BMI The Edgbaston Hospital
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 0121 456 2000
- BMI The Priory Hospital
- 17:30 - 18:30
- 0121 446 1638
- Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital
- 10:30 - 14:00
- 01902 793225
- Spire Little Aston Hospital
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 0121 353 2444
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details