- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
I am a Senior Consultant Anaesthetist and have been a practicing anaesthetist for 23 years and a consultant for 14 years.
I am an airway expert and perform complex head and neck surgical cases requiring challenging management of the breathing airway.
I am also a teacher and teach medical students, Fellowship candidates and fellow consultants.
I also specialise in Ultrasound techniques for nerve blocks. I anaesthetise elderly patients for urological and orthopaedic and head and neck cancer cases.
Areas of interest
Airways (difficult); Nerve Blocks using Ultrasound; Anaesthesia for the elderly
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Anaesthetist at University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwickshire, Coventry since April 2000.
I have done important work in the field of anaesthesia for Ophthalmology and have been influencial in standardisation of Syringe labels in the United Kingdom, leading to increased patient safety
Cricket, Charity, Music,Books and compering
Clinical Excellence Awards NHS
(Additional) Languages spoken
Syringe labels in Anaesthetic Induction Rooms anaesthesia
And several others
Recent was involved in the development of national guidelines on Extubation
- MBBS, Diploma in Anaesthetics Osmania University, Hyderabad, India 1985
- Diploma in Anaesthetics Royal College of Anaesthetist 1992
- Fellow of the Faculty of Anaesthesia Royal College of Surgeons (FFARCS i) Royal College of Surgeons Dublin 1996
- FRCA (Honourary) Royal College of Anaesthetist, London 2006
- BSC Botany (hons) New Science College, Hyderabad,India 1978
Reference number 4261591
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Hon Secretary Difficult Airway Society 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC specialist register, 1999
- 10 Broom Lane Dickens Heath Shirley SOLIHULL...
- 07:30 - 18:30
- 07879 488669
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.