- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Spinal tumours
Mr David qualified as a doctor in Pécs, Hungary in 1982. After two years working as a trainee in Pathology he started his basic and then specialist training in Neurosurgery at the University of Pécs, Hungary. Having passed the Neurology and Neurosurgery Board Examinations in Hungary he came to the UK in 1993 to gain further experience. He passed the European Board Examination in 1995 and the FRCS Surgical Neurology Examination in 1998. His UK neurosurgical training took place at the National Hospital in Queen Square, Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital, Charing Cross and Oldchurch Hospitals. He was appointed Consultant Neurosurgeon at Oldchurch Hospital, now Queen's Hospital, in 2001.
Areas of interest
Spinal neurosurgery; Spinal surgery; Vertebroplasty; Kyphoplasty; Neuroendoscopy; Neurological oncology
- Nikki Zelkin
- Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital Shenfield Road Shenfield BRENTWOOD CM15 8EH
- 07789 910061
- 01708 503756
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
- BHR Hospitals Neurosurgery page
- British Association of Spine Surgeons patient page
- Royal College of Surgeons of England discectomy patient info page
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Neurosurgeon, Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust
Honorary Consultant Neurosurgeon, Southend University Hospital NHS Trust
He subspecialises in spine surgery, neuro-endoscopy and established a service for percutaneous balloon kyphoplasty for painful vertebral fractures. As an established member of a busy neurosurgical centre he treats a large number of patients with spinal neurosurgical diseases.
Classical music, travelling and spending time with my family.
Over 40 publications in peer reviewed journals. 3 book chapters.
- FRCS(Surgical Neurology) Intercollegiate Specialty Examination Board 1998
- European Board Examination in Neurosurgery EANS 1995
- Board Examination in Neurosurgery Hungarian Neurosurgical Society 1991
Details of entry to specialist register
- Specialist Register in Neurosurgery No. 4248824, 2000
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Surgeons of England
British Association of Spinal Surgeons
Society of British Neurological Surgeons
- Harley Street at Queen's, RM7 0AG
- 13:00 - 15:00
- 07789 910061
- Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital, CM15 8EH
- 08:30 - 11:30
- 01277 695695
- Spire Hartswood Hospital, CM13 3LE
- 13:00 - 17:00
- 01277 266766
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details