- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Keriakos has been is a Consultant Gynaecologist within Sheffield NHS Teaching Hospitals since 2002, with a private practice at Claremont and Thornbury Hospital.
He had his full training both abroad and in Manchester and worked as a consultant overseas for 2 years before becoming a Consultant in the UK in 2000.
He had advanced training in laparoscopic surgery both in the UK and France
Current NHS responsibility
As an Audit Lead, I managed to develop an excellent audit strategy at the forefront of all other specialities which is well recognised Trust wide.
Appraiser for Revalidation of Consultants.
Secretary General of British Society of Biopsychosocial Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Honorary Senior Lecturer
Antibiotic Champion and member of the Trust Antibiotic Group: since taking this role there have been significant improvement in antibiotic prescription and reduction in Clostridium difficile
Director of Perineal Trauma Course in Sheffield.
My didicated years of training SpRs in perineal trauma management has significantly resulted in reduction of the the incidence, morbidity and litigations from this condition.
I have been nominated by Yorkshire Deanery to provide training to all SpRs in Trent Region.
Trainer in obstetric ultrasound for the last 10 years
Other Roles and Responsibilities taken over From 2002-2008
Member of STH Clinical Effectiveness Committee which:
•Promote effectiveness across all speciality, monitor our outcome and compare it with the national standards, investigate if standard falls.
•Review and monitor the implementation of national guidelines.
Postgraduate Education Coordinator for the North Trent Region for 5 years.
Specialty Training Committee (STC) for 5 years
Postgraduate Education Committee for 5 years
Healthcare Governance Group.
Basic Surgical Skill Course ,
Medicines Management and Therapeutic Committee 2002- 2005
Examinar of Medical Students
Areas of interest
• Vaginal and abdominal Hysterectomy
• Repair of genital Prolapse
• Advanced laparoscopic surgery for chronic pelvic pain, endometriosis, releasing adhesions and removing ovarian cysts or ovarian mass
• Advanced hysteroscopic surgery such as Endometrial ablation , removing uterine fibroids or polyps for heavy periods
• Pelvic floor surgery for genital prolapse
Gynaecological conditions treated:
1. Management of abnormal uterine bleeding• 2. Abnormal vaginal discharge
3. Painful sexual intercourse and other sexual dysfunction
4. Chronic pelvic pain
5. Period problems including post menopausal bleeding
7. Genital prolapse management
8. Vulval and vaginal discomfort
Current NHS consultant posts held
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals Jessop Wing and Royal Hallamshire
See profile at:
Clinical Excellent Awards
Mr Keriakos is actively involved in academic activities and has published more than 35papers in peer reviewed International Journals, also acting as peer reviewer for more than 100 scientific papers to 18 International Journals.
Courses offered to GPs
Role of GP in management of common gynaecological problems.
Over the last 10 years I have not had any return to theatres following operative procedures and I have the lowest readmission rate within our Trust. No mortality and excellent patient satisfaction.
- MRCOG Royal College of obstetrician and gynaecologist 1995
- FRCOG Royal College 2008
- Advanced Laparoscopic and hysteroscopic Surgery RCOG, IRCAD FRANCE 2001
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Secretary General British Society of Biopsychosocial Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2007
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST, 2000
Affiliations / memberships
British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE), North of England Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society, British Society of Gynaecological Imaging (BSGI), British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists. British Society of gynaecological Imaging. British society of Psychsomatic obstetrics and gynaecology and Andrology. British Society of urogynaecology
European Society of Gynaecological endoscopy.
- BMI Thornbury Hospital 312 Fulwood Road...
- 17:30 - 21:00
- 0114 266 1133
- BMI Thornbury Hospital, S10 3BR
- 12:00 - 17:00
- 0114 266 1133
- Claremont Hospital 401 Sandygate Road...
- 17:00 - 19:00
- 0114 263 0330
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details