- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Okoye is a Consultant Paediatric, Neonatal and Adolescent Surgeon at St Georges Hospital NHS trust in london. He trained at the Alder Hey Childrens Hospital, Liverpool, Bristol Royal Childrens Hospital, Diana Princess of Wales Childrens Hospital , Birmingham and the Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia and was appointed to St Georges Hospital in 2003.
He specialises in the general surgery of childhood , upper and lower gastrointestinal surgery, chest surgery and surgery for cancer in childhood. Mr. Okoye is also a specialist in the application of minimally invasive procedures in children.
He is Chairman of the Trauma committee of the British association of Paediatric Surgeons, A member of the International Paediatric Surgical Oncology Association, and a member of the renal tumours study group of the International Society of Paediatric Oncology.
Areas of interest
General surgery of childhood such as Hernia repair, Circumscision, Tongue tie,Orchdopexy, Gastro-intestinal problems such as gastro-oesophageal reflux, constipation, abdominal pain,Thoracic surgery, Chest deformities, Specialist Paediatric and neonatal surgery. Solid tumours of Childhood.
- Simi Balogun
- 234 Great Portland Street LONDON W1W 5QT
- 020 7390 8322
- 07477 547263
- 020 7390 8324
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Daniel Taylor Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Paediatric Surgeon, St Georges Hospital NHS Trust, London
Training and education
Reading, Hiking, Snow sports, Current affairs, Running
1) Cervical approach to the thoracic inlet in paediatric patients with broncho-pulmonary foregut malformations. Stephen Bennett, Edward Hannon and Bruce Okoye. Journal of Paediatric surgery, 48, Feb,2013, 445-448.
2) Tension gastrothorax in children: Introducing a management algorithm. Jessica Ng, Dean Rex, Nada Sudhakaran, Bruce Okoye, Zahid Mukhtar.
Journal of Pediatric Surgery,48,7, July 2013, Pages 1613–1617
3) Oesophageal lung. S Giuliani, B Okoye - Archives of Disease in Childhood-Fetal and neonatal edition, 2012.
4) Gastroschisis with Hirschsprung's disease: a therapeutic dilemma. Dean Rex, Moti M. Chowdhury, Angela J. O'Malley, Ruth Nash, Bruce O. Okoye,
Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 45, Issue 8, August 2010, 1724–1726
5) The impact of adult major trauma centre status on paediatric trauma activity.Edward Hannon, Stuart Potter, Thiagarajan Jaiganesh, Zahid Muhktar, Bruce Okoye.
Emerg Med J doi:10.1136/emermed-2012-201125
Courses offered to GPs
"What to refer urgently to the Paediatric Surgeon"
"Paediatric Surgery update"
- FRCS (England) Royal College of Surgeons 1994
- FRCS(Paed Surgery) Intercollegiate College Board, UK 2001
- MD University of Liverpool 2001
- Fellow in paediatric Surgery Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia 2002
Reference number 4233578
Details of entry to specialist register
- Paediatric Surgery, 2003
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Paediatric surgeons
International Society of Paediatric Oncology (SIOP)
International Paediatric Surgical Oncology Association (IPSO)
- 234 Great Portland Street
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 020 7390 8322
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
020 7390 8322