- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Open Referral network
Dr A W Al-Allaf is a Senior Consultant Rheumatologist and Senior academic Tutor who has undertaken Specialist Training in various aspects of Rheumatic Diseases and General Medicine. He has been actively involved actively in musculoskeletal diseases through his previous and recent academic and NHS posts. He deals with any general rheumatological problems including any inflammatory arthritis including Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout, Psoriatic arthritis, various Connective Tissue Diseases, soft tissue rheumatism such as CTS, Tennis and golfer elbows, planter fasciitis. He also involved actively in medico-legal work in his speciality and has a landmark research in this area with the relation of physical trauma and various rheumatic conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia syndrome. He established the connective tissue disease, gout, biology and joint injection clinic at his hospital. He is involved actively in osteoporosis and inflammatory arthritis clinics.
Dr A w Al-Allaf has a good experience in Middle east related medical problem and can speak arabic fluently and happy to see any oversease student for general medical assessment and adice and treatment as needed.
Dr Al-Allaf has a MBChB in Medicine, Master degrees in Medicine and Rheumatology, Medical Doctorate and a high degree in teaching & education and a fellow of the Royal College of physician and a member of the European and British society for rheumatology.
Medicolegal Work: Dr A W Al-Allaf has been involved in medicolegal work for the last 8 years and have been to the court as an expert witness as needed. He is an expert in writing medical report and in assessing the clinet functional and psychological status in relation to their illness or trauma. He has attended medicolegal and related courses and had the training for this role. I have published some research with regards to the relation of the physical trauma and the development of Rheumatoid Arthritis, chronic pain syndrome Fibromyalgia, which has been used by many of my collegues as an evidence for the relationship between physical trauma such as road traffic accident and the development of chronic pain. Dr Al-allaf attended many courses related to meidico-legal works, most recent one are:
1. Mastering your risk by Medical Protection Society 20th March 2013
2. Mastering Professional interaction by Medical Protection Society 15th May 2013
3. Mastering Adverse Outcome by Medical Protection Society 15th May 2013
He is happy to undertake private consultation and medico-legal work at the Wolverhampton Nuffield health in the above address. Any private patient or medico-legal case will be seen within a week of referral. There is also a scope for any urgent consultation to be seen sooner if needed.
Areas of interest
Arthritis; Fibromyalgia and chronic pain; Connective tissue diseases; Medico-legal;
General practitioner advice and medical management for oversea's students, especially from the Middle East such as Gulf States as I worked their before
- Cynthia Lawton
- Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital Wood Road Tettenhall WOLVERHAMPTON WV6 8LE
- 01902 793269
- 07411 243117
- 01902 793292
Dr Al-Allaf has a MBChB in Medicine, Master degrees in Medicine and Rheumatology, Medical Doctorate and a high degree in teaching & education and a fellow of the Royal College of physician and a member of the European and British society for rheumatology. He has many publications and book chapter in many of the prestigious journal and text books including the main American textbook for rheumatology.
Graduated with distinguish for both under and post graduates.
I have been given funding for various research projects.
(Additional) Languages spoken
Dr Al-Allaf has a Master degree, and Medical Doctorate and a high degree in teaching & education and a fellow of the Royal College of physician and a member of the European and British society for rheumatology. He has many publications and book chapter in many of the prestigious journal and text books including the main American textbook for rheumatology.
12.5. Ongoing Research projects:
1. Investigation of factors influencing arthritis and response to therapy with Etanercept, Infliximab and adalimumab (BRAGGSS – Biologics in Rheumatoid Arthritis Genetics and Genomics Study Syndicate). Principle site investigator.
2. Study of the effect of using copper healers in alleviating joint and musculoskeletal aches and pains (project number 08RHEU01).
3. Study of the characteristics and factors of primary and secondary failure in biologic treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis. (MSc thesis for the University of Manchester)
4. Trial of Atorvastatin for the primary prevention of cardiovascular events in Rheumatoid Arthritis patients (TRACERA).
5. OSKIRA-4, The study of Syk, interkinase inhibitor in RA patients who failed DMARDs as compared to Adalimumab. Principle site investigator. In progress
12.6. Book Chapters Publications:
1. Al-Allaf A W, Belch JJF. “Takayasu's Arteritis: Indication for Surgery and Appropriate Procedures”. Up-date in Vascular Surgery, Foxwell & Davies Ltd Scientific Publishers, London, pp. 45-53; 2001
2. Al-Allaf A W, JJF Belch. “Raynaud's phenomenon”: A chapter in the new 3rd edition of the Textbook “Rheumatology” 2003; pp 1507-1512. M Hochberg, A Silman, J Smolen, M Weinblatt, M Weisman. Mosby, Philadelphia.
3. Galarraga B, Al-Allaf A W, JJF Belch. “Raynaud's phenomenon”: Chapter 136 in the new 4th edition of the Textbook “Rheumatology” November 2007; pp 1507-1513. M Hochberg, A Silman, J Smolen, M Weinblatt, M Weisman. Mosby, Philadelphia.
Courses offered to GPs
Simple approach to musculoskeletal pain
Simple approach to backe pain
Connective tissues for GP
Trauma and MSS problems
Patient satisfaction excellent, 360 excellent well above avarage.
No infection or any complication re joint and soft tissue injection is pite doing it for around 20 years.
- MBChB Mousl medical school 1982
- MSc Medicine Almustansiryia medical school 1989
- MRCP Royal College of physcian / UK 1995
- MSc Rheumatology University of Manchester/ UK 1999
- CCST Rheumatology and General internal Medicine Royal College of physcian / London / UK 2000
- CerTHE Unversity of Dundee / UK 2001
- Medical Doctorate Unversity of Dundee / UK 2004
- FRCP Royal College of physcian / Edinburgh/ UK 2005
- medicolegal related work (many courses) Medical protection society 2013
Reference number 4233509
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Honorary senior lecturer University of Birmingham 2002
- Chairman for the clinicla governance / Rheumatology New Cross hospital / wolverhampton / UK 2009
- Clinical audit governor, rheumatology New Cross hospital / wolverhampton / UK 2009
- Senior academic tutor Royal Wolverhampton Academy & Unversity of Birmingham 2011
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC , 1992
Affiliations / memberships
Unversity of Birmingham, UK
Royal College of physician, UK
British society for rheumatology
Royal Wolverhampton Academy
- Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital, WV6 8LE
- 14:00 - 17:00
- 01902 793269
- Nuffield Health Wolverhampton Hospital, WV6 8LE
- 10:00 - 12:00
- 01902 754177
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details