- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I work as a full-time consultant in adult Audiovestibular Medicine & Neuro-otology. I perform four neuro-otology clinics and two audiological rehabilitation clinics per week. Once a month, I do a specialist hearing clinic for thalassaemia sufferers and in addition a monthly Neuro-otology Triage clinic. I have set up a “Young adult Transfer Clinic”, which started in early 2014.
I direct the registrar training programme for the specialty and chair the Specialist Training Committee HEE, London. I teach in the BSc/ MSc courses at the Ear Institute and lecture in the annual balance master class.
Areas of interest
Dizziness; Vertigo/ imbalance; Tinnitus; Hyperacusis / phonophobia; Hearing loss; Balance disorders including BPPV, Meniere's disease, vestibular migraine/ migraine related vertigo. MdDS and visual vertigo.
- Estella McKenzie
- Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital 330 Gray's Inn Road LONDON WC1X 8DA
- 020 3456 5259
Current NHS consultant posts held
Department of Audiological Medicine/ Neuro-otology
330Grays Inn Road
London, WC1X 8DA.
1. Autoimmune inner ear disease
2. Dizziness and migraine
3. Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV)
4. Implantable hearing aids
I have been awarded the Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians in June 2013.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Tamil - Fluent
- French - Basic
- FRCS-ORL Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1995
- DLORCS Royal College of Surgeons of England 1991
Reference number 4178004
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- BAAP British Association of Audiovestibular Physicians 1995
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCT in Audiovestibular Medicine, 1999
Affiliations / memberships
- Consulting Rooms, 129 Harley Street, LONDON
- 09:00 - 13:00
- Royal National ENT Hospital, WC1X 8DA
- 09:30 - 15:30
- 020 3456 5259
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.