- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 28 Apr 2020
Sensible approach to back problems with often easy solutions for seemingly complex problems without immediately resorting to major surgery. Pragmatic and caring approach.
Safe Hip surgeon
Lifestyle medicine specialist- can advise re weight loss, management of chronic lifestyle related disorders
Areas of interest
low back pain:sciatica;injections for back problems;lumbar disc problems;spinal surgery;spinal stenosis;diskectomy;decompression of the spine;fractures of spine;osteoporotic fractures of spine;balloon kyphoplasty;vertebroplasty;hip arthritis
- Dawn Flat
- The Old Bakery School Lane Marham King's Lynn PE33 9JA
- 020 8449 7624
- 020 8150 7800
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Russell P Griffin Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgeon
Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
Degenerative disc disease
infections in the spine
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
• Iatrogenic vascular injuries during arthroplasty of the hip
Z. Alshameeri, R. Bajekal, K. Varty, V. Khanduja BJJ Nov. 2015
• Patel NK, Wright J, Sabharwal S, Afsharpad A, Bajekal R. Hip resurfacing arthroplasty at a non-specialist centre, Ann R Coll Surg Eng 2014; 96:67-72.
• Time delay, length of hospital stay and 30-day mortality in hip fracture patients- paper presented at the EFFORT meeting in May 2013, Istanbul. Zeiad Alshameeri, Aisha Razak and Rajiv Bajekal
• Acute kidney injury in patients admitted with hip fractures- a predictor of mortality- paper presented at the British Orthopaedic Association Annual Congress, October 2013. Alshameeri, Razik and Bajekal
• Patel NK, Wright J, Afsharpad A and Bajekal R. International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty, Bruges (Belgium), Sept 2011. (Abstract: J Bone Joint Surg Br 2012 vol. 94-B no. Supp XL 138)
• Return to sports after hip resurfacing- International journal of sports medicine- A.A. Narvani, R.A. Bajekal and H.I. Nwaboku, April 2006.
• .Ankle fracture fixation – do we need a neutralisation plate? Bajekal RA et al Presented at the British Trauma Society, Leeds, October 2001
• Haemophilic arthropathy of the elbow. Presented at the British Orthopaedic Association Annual Congress, Brighton, September 1996.
• A study of Haemophilic Arthropathy of the Elbow: Bajekal RA. Thesis submitted to the University of Liverpool for the MCh in Orthopaedics, 1995.
• Frozen Shoulder Syndrome - A comparison of hydraulic distension and manipulation - Sharma R.K., Bajekal R.A. and Bhan S. (International Orthopaedics 1993; 17:275-278).
• Closed Volar Dislocation of the Four Ulnar Carpometacarpal Joints - Bajekal R.A., Kotwal P.P. and Menon D. (Injury 1992; 23:355-356).
Courses offered to GPs
What never to miss in the Spine
How to avoid spinal diagnostic disaster
- MS (Orth.) All India Institute of Medical Sciences, N. Delhi 1989
- FRCS (G) Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Glasgow 1994
- ChM (Orthopaedics) Liv University of Liverpool 1995
- FRCS (T & O) Intercollegiate Board 1996
Reference number 4167776
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Examiner for the FRCS (|T and O) Intercollegiate Board 2017
Affiliations / memberships
• British Medical Association
• American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
• British Orthopaedic Association
• British association of Spinal Surgeons
• North American Society of Spinal Surgeons
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.