- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Accredited Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer the Full Pathway cataract surgery package for Bupa customers ...more
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital, Spire Hartswood Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
- Oculoplastic surgery
- Surgical lacrimal
An experienced cataract surgeon with special interest in multifocal lens implants and plastic surgery in and around eyes.
Very keen on teaching and audits
Examiner for Royal College of Ophthalmologists and Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
One of Founder members of British Oculoplastic Surgeons Society
Member of European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Areas of interest
Spectacle free cataract surgery, multifocal lens implants, refractive lens exchange for presbyopia, Dry eyes, Blepharitis, Ptosis correction for droopy eyelids, Blepharoplasty for baggy eyelids, Radio-frequency Oculoplastic surgery for removal of lesions, Entropion, Ectropion, Misdirected lashes, Pterygium surgery, YAG and Argon Laser procedures for Glaucoma and after cataracts, Botox treatments for Blepharospasm and Hemifacial spasm, Cosmetic Botox treatments, Botox therapy for Chronic Migraine
- Phillipa Chambers
- Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital Shenfield Road BRENTWOOD CM15 8EH
- 07757 605008
- 01277 631779
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmic and Oculoplastic Surgeon, Queens Hospital, Romford, Essex, RM7 0AG
Spectacle free cataract surgery, multifocal lens implants, multifocal toric lens implants, multifocal lens implants following laser vision correction
Arsenal Football Club, Gardening, Music
English, Hindi, Punjabi,
Multifocal toric lens implants
Multifocal lens implants in patients with prior laser vision correction
Courses offered to GPs
Spectacle free cataract surgery
Multifocal lens implants
Advances and innovations in Cataract surgery
Medical and cosmetic uses of Botox
1. 95% of patients undergoing multifocal lens implants achieved spectacle freedom for both near and distance (2012)
2. 9 out 12 patients who underwent Ptosis correction were extremely pleased with functional and cosmetic results (2012)
3. Of 15 patients who were underwent DCR (Dacryocystorhinostomy) procedure, 13 obtained complete relief from watering.
4. 95% of patients undergoing multifocal toric lens implantation achieved freedom from glasses for near and distance.
5. 97% of patients with past history of Laser vision correction and who underwent Multifocal lens implantation did not need glasses for near or distance after surgery.
- FRCS (Ophthalmology) The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 1994
- FRCOphth The Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London 2001
- MD Ophthalmology All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi, India 1981
Reference number 4167659
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Honorary Lecturer Ophthalmology Queen Mary, University of London 2007
- Examiner The Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London 2001
Details of entry to specialist register
- Jagmohan Singh Chawla, 1995
Affiliations / memberships
UK and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
British Oculoplastic Surgery Society
British Medical Association
- Eye Clinic, Westland Medical Centre, Westland...
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 07757 605008
- Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital, CM15 8EH
- 14:00 - 16:00
- 01277 695695
- Spire Hartswood Hospital, CM13 3LE
- 09:00 - 12:30
- 01277 266766
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
1. Mr Niaz Islam mobile 07931708440
2. Mr Russell Pearson mobile 07803294415
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: Jagmohan.chawla2