- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Video consultations
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Pain medicine
I have a strong background in Internal Medicine and Neurology, having completed post graduate training in internal medicine India and passed the Diplomate examination of the National Board and MD examination of the University of Kerala, India. This was followed by one year training in Medicine in the United Kingdom and the MRCP (UK).
My basic specialist training in Anaesthesia took place in Bolton. Specialist registrar appointments were at St George’s Hospitals in London and in various District General Hospitals in Surrey and Sussex. During this period I spent one year in full time pain medicine training.
Areas of interest
• Pain management, Interventional Pain Management, Back pain, Neck pain, Nerve Pain, Headaches, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Radiofrequency denervation, Facet joint injections, Transforaminal epidurals
Current NHS consultant posts held
I was appointed as Consultant Anaesthetist with special interest in Pain Medicine to Surrey& Sussex Health Care Trust in April 2002. I am working solely in private practice from October 2013.
Dr J Chandy gold medal -best out going clinical student- 1984 Christian Medical College, Vellore.
Dr Guruswamy Mudaliar prize-1984 outstanding performance in final MBBS examination, University of Madras.
Magill Travel Fellowship 2001. St George’s Hospital. Awarded to visit other academic institutions.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Malayalam - Native or bilingual
- Hindi - Conversational
- Tamil - Conversational
Changes present in the genetic level inpainful diabetic neuropathy. N Vadivelu, Reddy,
S Kunnumpurathu, J Kurian, R Sarawathy.
Pain Medicine 2012: Vol 13 : 349
Chromosomal Mutation in the Gene of AKR1B1 in Diabetic Patients with Neuropathy
Journal: The Ochsner Journal Accepted for publication
Saraswathy, Radha, Reddy, Aravinth, George, Alex,Kunnumpurath Sree Kumar Kurian Jones, Kaye, Alan, Vadivelu, Nalini.
Courses offered to GPs
Pain Management Essentials
- FFPM Faculty of Pain Medicine Ireland 2012
- FFICM Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine UK 2011
- Diploma in Pain Medicine College of Anaesthetists Ireland 2003
- Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine Conjoint Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine Ireland 1997
- FFARCS College of Anaesthetists Ireland 1995
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians UK 1992
- Diplomate National Board Internal Medicine National Board of Examinations New Delhi 1989
- MBBS Christian Medical College Vellore 1985
Reference number 4144315
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member Private Practice Committee British Medical Association 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST, 2002
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Anaesthetists(UK).
Faculty of Anaesthetists Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland.
Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland.
Association of Physicians of India.
British Medical Association.
Medical Protection Society
Pain and Nociception Group.
Pain Intervention Group.
International Spinal Intervention Society.
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.