- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Hand & Wrist
- Shoulder & Elbow
I am a senior Orthopaedic consultant. I have been a full-time consultant on the NHS since 2000. My area of interest and specialisation is Upper Limb surgery (shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand surgery).
Areas of interest
Shoulder replacement; Shoulder stabilisation; Shoulder resurfacing; Arthritis; Tennis elbow; Wrist pain; Upper limb surgery; Elbow surgery; Shoulder; Sports injuries; Hip replacement surgery; Joint replacements; Knee replacement surgery; Hand surgery; Arthroscopy; Knee arthroscopy; Dupuytren's contracture; Wrist fractures; Degenerative elbow disorders; Shoulder pain; Elbow pain; Frozen shoulder; Shoulder surgery; Shoulder decompression; Wrist surgery
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Pinakin Patel Not Fee Assured
- Dr Priti Kamath Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Luton & Dunstable Hospital, Luton LU4 0DZ
Total Shoulder replacement
Reverse total shoulder replacement
TMC (thumb joint) replacements
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
* Reverse Shoulder Arthroplasty in 41 patients with cuff tear arthropathy J.Shoulder Elbow Surg.2014; May 29.
* Cementless surface replacement arthroplasty of the shoulder in osteoarthritis. JSES 2012 Dec; 21(12):1776-81
* Symptomatic coracoclavicular joint: incidence, clinical significance and management. Intl Orthopaedics 2011Dec. 35(12):1821-6
Courses offered to GPs
I am happy to arrange and speak to GPs on any Orthopaedic topics that might be of interest to them.
I have delivered lectures on "The Painful Shoulder", "Management of shoulder instability", "Examination of the shoulder", "Elbow disorders", "Injection techniques for joints"
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.njrcentre.org.uk
- MS (Orth) University of Bombay 1985
- FRCS (Eng) Royal College of Surgeons of England 1993
- FRCS (Orth) Intercollegiate Board of Orthopaedics 1998
Reference number 4144054
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Medical Council, 1998
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
Member of the British Shoulder & Elbow Society
Associate Member of the British Society for Hand Surgery
- 290 Centennial Park Centennial Avenue Elstree...
- 14:00 - 16:00
- 07790 927044
- BMI Bishops Wood Hospital, Rickmansworth Road,...
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01923 835814
- Luton & Dunstable Hospital Lewsey Road...
- 13:00 - 14:00
- 01582 497433
- Spire Harpenden, Ambrose Lane, HARPENDEN AL5 4BP
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01582 763191
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
Other ways of contacting me
I can be contacted directly using Skype. My Skype ID is: ravipandit