- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Interventional cardiology
- Stroke medicine
- Video and telephone consultations
I practice honest and evidence based medicine.
Areas of interest
Chest pain; Breathlessness, Palpitations, Dizziness; Blackouts/Faint
Ischaemic (coronary) heart disease
Interventional cardiology (angioplasty/Stent)
Arrhythmias (Atrial Fibrillation/Supraventricular tachycardia)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Royal Albert Edward Infirmary
Wrightington, Wigan & Leigh NHS Foundation Trust
Wigan WN1 2NN
Coronary artery disease
1. Clinical lead for Heart Failure and Myocardial Infarction - awarded the best performing trust by Advancing Quality North West England.
2. Awarded by Prime Minister (Gordon Brown) for my work in Cardiology in Wigan.
Journal of the American College of Cardiology
British Journal of Cardiology
Courses offered to GPs
I deliver talks nationally, regionally and locally.
I am very popular for my educational talks among the GPs. I have always had a very good feedback.
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.bcs.com
My complication rate in Coronary Interventional procedures is well within national rates.
- MBBS (Honours and Gold Medalist) India 1988
- FRCP (London) Royal College of Physicians (London) 2004
- FRCP (Glasgow) Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons (Glasgow) 2005
- Interventional Cardiology Greater Manchster Cardiac Network 2010
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Divisional Medical Director WWL NHS Foundation Trust 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC, 2000
Affiliations / memberships
British Cardiac Society
British Cardiac Interventional Society
BIDA - Vice Chairman
BJMA - President
- BMI The Beaumont Hospital, BL6 4LA
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01204 404404
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Dr Sanjay Arya
01942 822989 (in-hours)
01942 244000 (out of hours)