- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Gynaecological oncology
I am a consultant in Obstetrics and gynaecology with over 25 years experience in the specialty. I furthered my education by obtaining an MD degree in the effect of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) on the endometrium. I am a certified colposcopist and have certificate in Minimal access surgery (key hole). I regularly attend conferences. I listen to my patients and aim to provide an excellent service.
I try to give an aspiring example to my two daughters.
Areas of interest
• Minimal access / invasive surgery • Pelvic floor surgery • Oncology - surgical • Prolapse surgery • Menstrual disorders (menorrhagia) • Colposcopy (examination of cervix and vagina) • Hysteroscopy • Abnormal smear • Ovarian cysts • Abnormal bleeding • Laparoscopic surgery • Endometrial ablation • Vaginal repair • Vaginal hysterectomy • Laparoscopic hysterectomy • Uterine cancer
- Lucy Stancer
- BMI The Meriden Hospital University Hospital Site Clifford Bridge Road COVENTRY CV2 2LQ
- 024 7664 7060
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in obstetrics & gynaecology
George Eliot Hospital
I have MD on the endometrial bleeding pattern under the effect of HRT and have many publications in this field.
Attending Art exhibitions and museums
Playing Bridge and watching movies
The poster prize in the British Menopause Society, Birmingham, 2001
The poster prize in the International Menopause Congress, Japaan 2001
More than 16 original publications, over 20 reviews, posters and abstracts in many journals such as human reproduction, British J of O&G.
Courses offered to GPs
Changes in cervical screening
- MBChB Baghdad-IRAQ 1984
- MRCOG (FRCOG) Royal College of Obstetrician & Gynaecologist 1994
- MD Thesis Leicester University 2001
- Certificate in Minimal access surgery Level2 Royal College of O&G 2004
- BSCCP certificate BSCCP Society-England 2003
- Certificate in Managing in Health & Social Care Leicester 2002
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST, 2001
Affiliations / memberships
- BMI The Meriden Hospital
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 024 7664 7000
- Spire Leicester Hospital
- 09:30 - 11:30
- 0116 272 0888
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Through my mobile number (07711 548124), the ward (024 7664 7110) or my secretary (024 7664 7060)