- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH14 1JJ.
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Cardiothoracic Surgery.
President, World Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons (2015 to 2016).
Areas of interest
Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery, Off-Pump Surgery, Total Arterial Revascularisation, Lung surgery; Aortic Valve surgery; Minimal access / invasive surgery, VATS Surgery, TAVI, Surgery for Lung Cancer,Pleural Diseases.
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr R Peter Alston Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Edinburgh.
Coronary Artery Conduits, off-pump vs on-pump surgery, risk stratification in cardiac surgery, Surgical outcomes, Lung Cancer Surgery,
1) National Talent Search Scholarship, NCERT
2) Surgical Innovation Award, BAPIO
Courses offered to GPs
Available to talk on Cardiac and Thoracic Surgical Topics.
- MBBS Grant Medical College 1988
- MS Grant Medical College 1991
- FRCS (Glasgow) Royal College of Physicians, and Surgeons of Glasgow 1992
- DNB (CTh) National Board of Examinations 1994
- FRCS (CTh) Royal College of Physicians, and Surgeons of Glasgow 1998
Reference number 4133379
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- President World Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons 2015
- Examiner Royal College of Physicians, and Surgeons of Glasgow 2016
- Secretary General World Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons 2018
Affiliations / memberships
1) Society of Thoracic Surgeons
2) Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery in Great Britain and Ireland
3) International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
4) European Association of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
5) World Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons
6) Scottish Cardiac Society