- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 15 Apr 2020
- Lower GI surgery
Professor Paris Tekkis qualified from Nottingham University Medical School in 1994. His postgraduate training was at St Mark’s Hospital, St Mary’s Hospital in London and at the Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA.
He was first appointed as Clinical Senior Lecturer and Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at St Mary’s Hospital and Imperial College in 2004. He was promoted to Reader in Surgery and appointed at The Royal Marsden in 2008.
He was promoted to Professor of Colorectal Surgery in 2011. He specialises in colorectal, robotic and minimally invasive surgery. Professor Tekkis and his team are internationally respected for their work in rectal cancer and restorative surgery for inflammatory bowel disease.
Areas of interest
Colorectal surgery (lower GI); Laparoscopic colorectal surgery; Robotic surgery; Bowel cancer; Advanced rectal cancer; Anal cancer; HIV-related anal pathology; Crohn's disease; Ulcerative Colitis; Ilial Pouch Surgery; Diverticular disease; Abdominal wall hernia repair; Fistula-in-ano; Haemorrhoids; Fissure-in-ano; Rectal bleeding; anal pain; Colonoscopy; Functional bowel disorders
- Mrs Leigh Brunt
- The London Clinic 116 Harley Street LONDON W1G 7JL
- 020 7935 0924
- 020 7486 0665
- Mrs Manju Bhanderi
- 116 Harley Street LONDON W1G 7JL
- 020 7935 0924
- 020 7486 0665
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Alexander Oliver Not Fee Assured
- Dr Torsten Beutlhauser Fee Assured
- Dr Andrew McLeod Not Fee Assured
- Dr Eoin Sherry Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Professor of Colorectal Surgery and Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
The Royal Marsden Hospital, London
Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, London
Imperial College, London
- Robotic colorectal surgery
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery
- Advanced rectal surgery
- Ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease
- Anal diseases & HIV-related anal conditions
- Published over 330 peer-reviewed articles in medical journals
- Over 350 international and national presentations
- Thirty books and chapters
Skiing, wind surfing and is a hi-end audiophile.
- Hunterian Professor, The Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Hon Professor of Surgery, St George’s University of Nicosia, Cyprus, 2013
David Dunn Medal, The Association of Endoscopic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Piermont Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons’ Award, The American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- Eugene Bricker Award 2014, Society of Pelvic Surgeons, Florida, USA
- Honorary Civilian Consultant Advisor in Colorectal Surgery to the Army, Appointed in 2014 -
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Greek, Modern - Fluent
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.https://www.acpgbi.org.uk/surgeon-outcomes/royal-marsden-nhs-foundation-trust/
Mortality (90 day) in last 1000 bowel resections 0%
- BMed Sci University of Nottingham Medical School 1992
- BM BS University of Nottingham Medical School 1994
- MD(Res) St George's Hospital, London (Post Graduate) 2003
- FRCS The Royal College of Surgeons of England 2004
Reference number 4095600
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Honorary Civilian Consultant Advisor in Colorectal Surgery to the Army Appointed by the Chief of the General Staff and the Army Board 2014
- Doctorate Horaris Causa (HonD) Awarded by University of Athens, Greece 2013
- Visiting Professorship University of Hong Kong, China 2013
- Visitng Professor of Surgery St George’s Univeristy of Nicosia, Cyprus 2013
- Professor Colorectal Surgery Imperial College London 2011
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC, 1994
Affiliations / memberships
Member of the Society of Pelvic Surgeons.
Member of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons.
Member of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland.
Member of the European Society of Coloproctology.
Member of the British Association of Surgical Oncology.
Member of the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland.
- The London Clinic 116 Harley Street LONDON...
- 08:30 - 15:30
- 020 7935 0924
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
The London Clinic