- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
You'll need to contact this healthcare professional to check their availability
Dr Martin Jones is a medical doctor and GP who specialises in acupuncture. He studied medicine at Bristol University, qualifying as a doctor in 1994, and completed his training as a General Practitioner in 1999.
Before going into medicine, he graduated from London University with a language degree in Chinese. It was during his time as a language student in Beijing that he first became interested in Chinese medicine and acupuncture. Since then his knowledge of Chinese has enabled him to study acupuncture at the Beijing University of Chinese Medicine and several of the top hospitals in China. In addition to traditional Chinese acupuncture, he is also fully trained in Western medical acupuncture and is an accredited member of the British Medical Acupuncture Society. He is also a fully qualified homeopathic physician, and a member of the Faculty of Homeopathy.
His main interest is the integration of complementary therapies with conventional medicine, in order to promote health, treat illness more safely and effectively, and stimulate the body’s natural healing response. He works in NHS General Practice, where he uses acupuncture and homeopathy alongside conventional treatments. He also practises privately, and is a recognised acupuncture provider for major insurance companies.
Areas of interest
Chronic rhinitis and sinusitis;
Disorders of bowel function (irritable bowel, constipation, dyspepsia);
Insomnia, stress and anxiety;
(Additional) Languages spoken
- BA Chinese University of London, School of Oriental and African Studies 1989
- MB ChB University of Bristol Medical School 1994
- Diploma of Child Health Royal College of Physicians 1997
- Member of Royal College of General Practitioners Royal College of General Practitioners 1998
- Diploma in Chinese Medicine Beijing University of Chinese Medicine 1999
- Member of the Faculty of Homeopathy Faculty of Homeopathy 2005
- Diploma of Medical Acupuncture British Medical Acupuncture Society 2002
Reference number 4089377
- Nuffield Health Tunbridge Wells Hospital, TN2 4UL
- 08:00 - 12:00
- 01892 831111
- Sevenoaks Medical Centre, TN13 2JD
- 15:00 - 19:30
- 01732 775800
- The Tonbridge Clinic 339 Shipbourne Road...
- 08:00 - 12:00
- 01732 350255
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
The Tonbridge Clinic 01732 350255