- Fee assured
- Verified account
- Breast surgery
Consultant and Lead surgeon at King George's hospital in Ilford.
My main sub-speciality is breast surgery and breast disease.
In addition to general surgery I provide services for breast diseases, both therapeutic and cosmetic breast surgery
I provide care and surgery for common childhood hernias, circumcision and groin problems.
Areas of interest
Breast cancer; breast lumps; breast pain;
Laparoscopic procedures ('keyhole surgery'); gall stones;
key hole hernia repair;
Hernias: abdominal wall; including inguinal hernia; femoral hernia; and ventral hernia;
toe nails; lumps and bumps;
Breast enlargement (augmentation);
children surgery; Circumcision; hernias; hydrocele; lumps and bumps in children;
- Varsha Vyas
- Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital Shenfield Road BRENTWOOD CM15 8EH
- 07460 554212
Anaesthetists worked with
- Professor Tahir Akhtar Fee Assured
- Dr Baskaran Sabapathipillai Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Barking Havering and Redbrigde NHS Trust, King George's hospital, Barley lane Goodmayes Essex IG3 8YB.
Molecular and Biological markers in breast cancer.
Restoration of abdominal wall integrity (abdominal wall reconstruction(.
Reading financial fiction and Cruises.
Clinical excellence awards
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Yoruba - Conversational
Research Gate, with list of articles covering breast cancer and general surgery,
Courses offered to GPs
Breast cancer treatment and outcomes.
Access to breast cancer amongst black and Asian women.
Current treatment of breast cancer with updates.
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.eportfolio.bhrhospitals.nhs.uk
No deaths in my private practice.
Post operative infection rate less than 5%.
Two re-operations in the private sector.
- Doctor Of Medicine MD Queen Mary college, University of London 2004
- FRCS (Gen) Royal college of surgeons Edinburgh 2001
- FRCS Ed Royal college of surgeons Edinburgh 1989
- M.B;B.S University of Benin Medical school, Nigeria 1986
- Oncoplastic breast cancer fellowship Royal Marsden hospital, Sutton Surrey UK 2000
Reference number 4064907
Details of entry to specialist register
- Mr A OGEDEGBE, General surgery, 2001
Affiliations / memberships
Association of Breast surgeons (ABS)
Association of surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland (ASGBI)
Fellow of the Royal college of surgeons Edinburgh
- Nuffield Health Brentwood Hospital, CM15 8EH
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 01277 695695
- Spire Hartswood Hospital, CM13 3LE
- 16:30 - 18:30
- 01277 232525
- Spire Roding Hospital, IG4 5PZ
- 18:00 - 19:30
- 020 8551 1100
Post treatment communication
Please contact me via the appropiate hospital where the care was provided or