- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Hand surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
Mr Iwuagwu trained in many of the internationally recognised plastic surgery units in the country before spending over a year at the Christine. M. Kleinert Institute for Hand and Microsurgery in the USA. On return from the United States, he was appointed to the post of Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand Surgeon, a position he has held from 2003 till date.
Mr Iwuagwu's private practice covers various aspects of plastic and reconstructive surgery as well as hand surgery. As a plastic surgeon, he also offers cosmetic surgery but these are for self paying patients.
Fortune Iwuagwu performs complex microsurgical reconstruction of the hands both for trauma and elective pathologies. Some of the elective hand procedures include hand rejuvenation by fat transfer, dupuytren's disease, carpal tunnel syndrome, ganglion, trigger finger and post hand trauma conditions such as contractures, delayed presentation of tendon division etc.
He offers complex breast reconstruction with free tissue from the abdomen (DIEP) and other parts of the body after mastectomy for cancer etc.
He also treats patients with skin cancer and moles.
Fortune Iwuagwu offers a personal service from consultation to post-treatment care. Consultations are not rushed and time is given to discuss your operation and answer any concerns you may have. Mr Iwuagwu will always give an honest opinion and provides leaflets or clinic consultation letters for further reading and reference.
Areas of interest
dupuytren's disease;dupuytren's treatment with collagenase; carpal tunnel syndrome; cubital tunnel syndrome;mucous cyst; ganglion;trigger finger; tendon injuries; fractures; finger contractures; soft tissue reconstruction; nerve injuries; skin cancer; skin moles; sebaceous cysts; lipoma; hidradenitis suppurativa; breast reconstruction with DIEP; congenital breast asymmetry correction; tuberous breast correction, treatment of adverse capsular contracture; foot syndactyly correction
- Austingraces team
- AustingracesUK PO BOX 10272 BRENTWOOD CM14 9GD
- 01277 219752
- 01277 219752
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Maria Brayshaw Fee Assured
- Dr Gursharan Bawa Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand surgeon,
Broomfield Hospital, chelmsford CM1 7et
Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive and Hand surgeon
Whipps Cross University Hospital, London E11
music --listening to gospel, jazz, soul, rythm and blues
playing the saxophone badly!
- MBBS Universit of Nigeria 1986
- MSc University College London 1996
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1993
- FRCS Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 1993
- FRCS (Plast Surgery) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2000
- Fellowship Institute of Hand and Microsurgery, kleinert and Kutz institute, Louisville, kentucky 2002
Reference number 4058629
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Examiner for the FRCS Plast Intercollegiate Board of the Royal Colleges 2015
- Examiner for the BSSH Hand Diploma British society of surgery of the hand 2015
- Chairman / Convenor Core Skills Course in Hand Surgery, Royal College of Surgeons, London 2015
- Chairman/Convenor Practical Skills course in Hand Surgery (Royal College of Surgeons , London) 2016
- Feculty Member Instructional Course Committee for Hand Surgery, BSSH Advanced Course series 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Plastic Surgery, 2002
Affiliations / memberships
British Medical Association
British Society for Surgery of the Hand
British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- Fenton House 85-89 New London Road CHELMSFORD...
- 12:00 - 14:00
- 01245 253760
- Lawn Lane Springfield CHELMSFORD CM1 7GU
- 18:00 - 21:00
- 01245 234000
- London Medical Centre142 Harley StreetLONDONW1G...
- 10:30 - 13:00
- 020 7935 0023
- Nuffield Health Brentwood HospitalShenfield...
- 07:00 - 09:00
- 01277 695695
- Roding Lane South Redbridge ILFORD IG4 5PZ
- 13:30 - 16:00
- 020 8551 1100
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details