- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Breast surgery
I am a senior experienced Clinician, Researcher, Educator & Clinical Leader.
I am working as Senior Consultant Oncoplastic and Endocrine Surgeon at Barts Health NHS Trust St Bartholomew Hospital and Newham University Hospital with On call commitment for emergency general surgery at Newham Hospital. I held the position of Clinical Director for Cancer Surgery at Barts Health NHS Trust and prior to that I held the position of Clinical Director of Surgery and Anaesthesia Division at Newham University Hospital for more than 7 years.
I obtained the award of CCST (Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training)
I spent years in scientific research and awarded a Master degree in Surgical science, Royal Postgraduate Medical School - University of London
I have obtained the Fellowship of the Royal colleges of Surgeons and Physicians (Glasgow, Fellowship of Intercollegiate Board in Surgery and Fellowship of the Royal college in of surgeons – England
I have gained wide experience in most disciplines of General surgery but have special interest & training in the modern management of Breast Disease including Oncoplastic & breast reconstructive surgical techniques & Endocrine Thyroid & Parathyroid surgery.
During my supervised & structured higher surgical UK training programme, I have gained substantial training & wide experience in General Surgery and surgical management of cancers of breast and Thyroid, Bowel and in Laparoscopic / endoscopic surgery.
I am member of the Specialty Training committee North Thames – and
I am accredited Educational & Clinical supervisor – London Deanery
I am examiner in Surgery - University of London and external examiner to number of overseas medical schools
Areas of interest
Breast surgery for Benign and cancer including Oncoplastic and immediate reconstructive breast Surgery/ Segmental Mastectomy after Wire localisation - Bracketing / and symmetrisation, Augmentation & therapeutic mammoplasty.
Sentinel Lymph Nodes- Regional Lymph nodes clearance
Thyroid & Parathyroid disorders and surgery;
Neck Lymph nodes
General: Hernia surgery / skin Lump and bump / Gall bladder & Laparoscopic procedures ('keyhole surgery')
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant In Breast , Endocrine & General Surgery
Barts Health NHS Trust. Newham University Hospital - London and St Bartholomew's Hospital - London
Previousely held the position of
Clinical Director of Cancer surgery – Barts Health NHS Trust 2012 - 13
Clinical Director of Surgery & Anaesthesia Newham University Hospitals 2003 - 2011
Breast cancer and hormone therapy
Breast cancer in the ethnicities
Travelling and walking- Charity and voluntary services in the overseas
MBBCh FRCSRCPS (Glasg) Msc (Lon) FRCS (Eng) CCST
English & Arabic
- Pathological and epidemiological factors associated with advanced stage at diagnosis of breast cancer Br Med Bull first published online August, 2012
-Rates of primary mastectomy are higher in an ethnically diverse population compared to the national average in the UK. Eur J Surg Oncol, Volume 38, Issue 5, Pages 454-455: 2012
- Is the NHS Breast Screening Programme appropriately targeted for Ethnic Minority Groups in the UK?; 37, (11) 1006, 2011 Eur J Surg Oncol
-.:A UK-Wide Survey of Life-Threatening Thyroidectomy Complications. J Thyroid Res. 2011 Feb 10;2011:329620.
- Breast Cancer Demographic and Morphologic Characteristics From a District General Hospital With an Ethnically Diverse Catchment ;abstract, International Journal of Surgery, Volume 8, Issue 7, 2010, Page 561
-: Characterisation of P-Cadherin in invasive breast cancer: an immunohistochemical and functional study Eur J Surg Oncol 35(11):1223 (2009)
- A review of the S100 proteins in cancer, Eur J Surg Oncol. 2008 Apr;34(4):357-64. Epub 2007 Jun 13.
(Cited by 55 PubMed Central article)
- Cystic carcinoma of the breast:: European Journal of Surgical Oncology, Volume 32, November 2006, Pages 97-98
- HRT may offer women more benefit than harm BMJ ; published in the electronic version) January 2002
-. Nitric Oxide Expression In Cirrhotic Patients. GUT May1999.
- The Clinical And Biochemical Outcome Of Patients With Advanced Breast Cancer Who Lost Response To Tamoxifen And / Or Megestrol Acetate And Treated By Anastrozole. European Journal Of Surgical Oncology, 1998;24(4) :343.
- Minimal Invasive Surgery: New Era, The Remedy, Cornwall Medical Journal 1992,1:76-9
- One-stop breast clinic: UK practice variations", reference 0077 (has been accepted for poster presentation at BASO ~ ACS 2013 on 4-5 November 2013).
SAMPLES OF LAY PUBLICATIONS & PRESS INTERVIEWS
Bosom Buddies needs east London volunteers
Newham recorder 26/05/2013
- Cancer survivor's message to East London women: know your breasts
Newham recorder 23/10/2012
Courses offered to GPs
- Assessment & management of breast patients
- The Risk factors in Breast cancer
- Breast cancer Ethnic variations in the East London
- Immediate breast reconstructive surgery
- New technology in Breast Cancer surgery -Sentinel lymph Node
- Management of Breast pain
- Hormone Replacement therapy increases the risk of breast cancer: Fact or fiction?
- Surgical management of Thyroid disease
Readmission in all private patients (breast/ Thyroid/ general) = 0%
NHS breast surgery 0%
Retun to Theatres after surgery 0%
Thyroid surgery 2% seroma collection inthe wound aspirated and patient discharged
Un planned retun to Theatres after surgery 0%
- MBBCh College of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt 1980
- FRCSRCPS Royal college of Physicians & Surgeons 1990
- Master degree in Surgical science University of London 1996
- Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training The Specialist Training Authority Of The Medical Royal Colleges - UK 1999
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Member of regional speciality training committee (STC) London Deanery 2007
- President Sudanese Medcial Association UK & Ireland 2010
Details of entry to specialist register
- GMC Specialist registry, 1999
Affiliations / memberships
British Association of Endocrine & Thyroid Surgeon
Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
British Association of Surgical Oncology
Association of British Breast Surgeons
British Medical Association
Hospital Consultants & Specialists Association
Medical Protection Society
Royal Society of Medicine
Sudan Medical care foundation
Sudan Medical Society – UK & Ireland
British Association of Medical Managers
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
The relevant private hospitals where treatment provided