- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I am a consultant ophthalmic surgeon and have specialist training in paediatric ophthalmology and also adult squint and double vision problems.
I undertake medicolegal work in most aspects of ophthalmology including trauma, neuro-ophthalmology and paediatric ophthalmology.
[approx 35-40 instructions per year]
Areas of interest
Paediatric ophthalmology; Adult and paediatric strabismus ('squint') and double vision.
- Elizabeth Douglas
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant ophthalmologist at Princess Alexandra Eye Pavilion and Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Edinburgh since November 2002.
1. Ocular problems associated with maternal drug use.
2. Ocular manifestations of abusive head trauma in infants.
3. Peri-operative visual loss in non-ocular surgery.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- French - Conversational
- MB BCh University College Dublin 1990
- Adult strabismus fellowship Moorfields Eye Hospital, London 1998
- Paediatric ophthalmology fellowship Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto 2002
Reference number 3698466
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Paediatric Committee member Royal Colleye of Ophthalmologists 2009
- Lead examiner [ophthalmology] Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 2014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Ophthalmology, 2002
Affiliations / memberships
American Assoc for Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- Spire Shawfair Park Hospital, 10 Easter...
- 09:00 - 11:30
- 0131 654 5600