- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Areas of interest
Head and neck surgery (oral-maxillo-facial); Non surgical Facial cosmetic procedures including anti wrinkle with Botulinum Toxin and dermal fillers; Oral Surgery; Dento-alveolar surgery; Facial pain and TMJ; Dental Implants; Salivary gland surgery; Oral Medicine; Head and neck reconstructive surgery.
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon at
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals (Preston) and Blackpool Victoria Hospital.
Clinical Director, Head and Neck Surgery.
Lead Head and Neck Cancer Clinician.
- BDS Dundee 1984
- FDS RCS (Eng) RCS (Eng) 1987
- MB ChB Manchester 1992
- FRCS RCS (Eng) 1996
- FRCS (OMFS) Intercollegiate RCS 1999
- Fellowship Facial Cosmetic Surgery Salt Lake City, Utah 1999
- Fellowship in Orthognathic Surgery Free University, Amsterdam 1998
Details of entry to specialist register
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, 1999
Affiliations / memberships
- Direct Medical Imaging 32 Orchard Road St...
- 14:00 - 16:00
- 07888 675042
- First Trust Hospital Durton Lane Preston PR3 5LD
- 11:00 - 12:00
- 07888 675042
- Spire Fylde Coast Hospital St Walburgas Road...
- 17:30 - 21:00
- 01253 394188
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Shakeel Akhtar (07885 538021). In the event of annual or other professional leave emergency cover provided by Mr Andrew Edwards (OMFS) 07770 483342