- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Lower GI surgery
I was educated in Borneo, East Malaysia and Melbourne, Australia before coming to study medicine in Glasgow University.
Areas of interest
Colorectal (bowel) cancer; Laparoscopic procedures ('keyhole surgery'); Colonoscopy; Haemorrhoids; Inflammatory bowel disease; Perianal fistula; Inguinal hernia;rectal bleeding; abdominal pain; anal polyps; piles; bowel screening:
- Wendy Hird
- Stobhill Hospital 133 Balornock Road GLASGOW G21 3UW
- 0141 355 1798
Anaesthetists worked with
Current NHS consultant posts held
I am a General Surgeon with an interest in colorectal surgery. I am based at Glasgow Royal Infirmary and The New Stobhill Hospital.
I am a keen runner and have completed the Edinburgh, London, Rome, Stirling and Inverness (twice) marathons. I also enjoy golf and tennis.
- M.B.,Ch.B. University of Glasgow 1992
- FRCS (General Surgery) Intercollegiate Board 2002
- FRCS (Edinburgh) Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1996
- FRCS (Glasgow) Fellow of the Glasgow College RCPS Glasgow 2012
- MD (Doctorate of Medicine) University of Glasgow 2005
- Senior fellow, Dept of colorectal surgery Western General Hospital, Edinburgh 2003
Reference number 3678259
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Surgery, 2003
Affiliations / memberships
The Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain & Ireland
- BMI Ross Hall Hospital 221 Crookston Road...
- 18:00 - 19:00
- 0141 810 3151
- Nuffield Health Glasgow Hospital, G12 0PJ
- 09:00 - 10:30
- 0141 576 2721
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
I can be contacted through BMI Ross Hall Hospital on 0141 8103151 or through The Glasgow Nuffield Hospital on 0141 3449441