- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Dr Walton trained in General Medicine & Rheumatology at St Thomas’ , Guy’s & Kings College in London. He completed research into Management of Painful Shoulders and Connective Tissue Disease.
He is responsible for the management of over 700 current patients with rheumatoid or psoriatic arthritis.
He has developed local treatment guidelines for the management of gout.
In addition he has developed new services including a joint clinic with a hand surgeon.
Dr Walton has extensive experience of and is the Clinical Lead for Paediatric Rheumatology and he was the Royal College Tutor with responsibilities for the education of Junior Doctors.
He is the lead consultant for medical student education
Areas of interest
Gout; Shoulder pain; Rheumatoid arthritis; Soft tissue rheumatism; Suprascapular nerve block; Osteoarthritis; Hyaluronic acid injection
MSc with honours in Rheumatology (London)
MBBS with distinction (London)
• Infliximab Therapy for Inflammatory Discitis in Ankylosing Spondylitis. Joshi, N: Walton T. Journal of Clinical Rheumatology 18(2):109-110 March 2012
• The association of antiphospholipid and pure red cell aplasiaWalton T, Karim Y, Khamashta M, Hughes GRH. Lupus 12 (30);192-3: 2001
• A comparison of the efficacy of intra-articular corticosteroids with Suprascapular nerve block in the treatment of adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder. Walton T, Caruli M, Benett A, Al-Saffar B, Pitt P, Kingsley G. Abstract 180 BSR 2001.
• Creatine supplementation in fibromyalgia. Batley M, Walton T, Scott DL. Abstract 234 American College of Rheumatology AGM 2001.
• Monitoring of Hydroxychloroquine therapy. Walton T, Norwood N, Hughes G. Abstract 24. EULAR 2002
• Prophylaxis of steroid induced osteoporosis. Caruli M, Walton T, Kingsley G. Abstract 435 BSR 1999.
• Achieving safety in prescribing. Walton T, Eradiri O.Abstract presentation World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. Lisbon 2010
Courses offered to GPs
I have spoken GPs on a variety of topics including Rheumatoid Arthritis, Gout, Osteoporosis, Pain management, Injection treatment and Back Pain
Complaint rate 1:7300 consultations
100 % of patients in anonymous survey were confident in my ability to provide care and would be happy to see me again.
Unselected comments from survey
'Dr Walton is a very good doctor I will give him 10 out of 10.
Dr Walton is a very good doctor. I am pleased with the treatment I have had from him over the past
A lovely man.Always puts you at ease.
Joint injection : infection rate 0%
- MBBS with Distinction University of London 1992
- Membership of Royal College of Physicians RCP 1995
- MSc Rheumatology with Honours University of London 2001
Reference number 3665321
Affiliations / memberships
British Society of Rheumatology
British Medical Association
Royal College of Physicians
- Oaks Hospital, CO4 5XR
- 14:00 - 20:30
- 01206 753248
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
01206 752 121