- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I have been a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon in Blackburn since 2005.
I trained on the North West Orthopaedic Higher Surgical Training Programme in Orthopaedics. In the final year of my training I undertook an SAC approved Fellowship in Lower Limb Surgery at Stepping Hill Hospital, Stockport.
I have visited centres in the USA with the NHS Institute.
I was the Clinical Director for Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery at East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust from Januray 2008 to September 2013.
I offer my patients up to date and evidenced based treatment options.
I use implants for Hip and Knee Replacement with a proven track record which follow the recommendations of the National Joint Registry.
I have recently succesfully revalidated with the General Medical Council. My next revalidation will be in 2018.
I currently have a regular clinic at Beardwood every Wednesday but I am happy to see patients at other times by arrangement.
Areas of interest
• Hip replacement surgery • Knee surgery • Lower limb arthroplasty
- Rozel Crompton / Kate Pomfret
- Royal Blackburn Hospital Haslingden Road BLACKBURN BB2 3HH
- 01254 735506
- Sue Clayton
- BMI The Beardwood Hospital Preston New Road BLACKBURN BB2 7AE
- 01254 507607
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Balauarthiraj Chandrasekar Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon
East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
Local Clinical Excellence Award
(Additional) Languages spoken
Journal of Bone and joint Surgery (British Volume)
My outcomes are monitored by the Dr Foster Clinical Outcomes Benchmarking Tool and by analysis of HED data.
The outcomes of my Hip and knee Replacement surgery are monitored by Analysis of National Joint registry data.
My outcomes were discussed at my most recent appraisal and were satisfactory.
- MB ChB Mannchester University 1992
- FRCS Royal Colleage of Surgeons of London 1997
- FRCS(Tr+Orth) Intercollegiate Board 2003
- Fellowship in Lower Limb surgery Stepping Hill Hospital, Stockport 2003
Reference number 3664014
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, 2004
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
British Medical Association
Medical Defence Union
- BMI The Beardwood Hospital, BB2 7AE
- 13:30 - 17:30
- 01254 507617
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
BMI The Beardwood Hospital
01254 507680 or