- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional is currently treating patients. Please speak to them to find out more about their availability.
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
Mr Casha graduated from Malta in 1986. In 1990 he received his FRCS from Edinburgh, following training in Malta and Dundee. He worked in Glasgow as an Orthopaedic Registrar and in Dundee as Visiting Senior Registrar.
In 1994 he received his FRCS (Orth) and MCh (Orth) from the University of Dundee. In 1995 he was AO Spine and Trauma Fellow in Germany and in 1995-1996 Spine and Joint Reconstruction Fellow in Toronto. He returned to Malta 1996 to 1999.
He was appointed to East Kent in 1999 and awarded Fellowship ad eundem from the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2000 and appointed Honorary Senior Lecturer at Kings College, London in 2010.
He is a member of the British Orthopaedic Association, the British Association of Spine Surgeons,the British Scoliosis Society, the European Spine Society, and AO Spine, as well as AO Trauma.
Areas of interest
Spinal surgery; Back pain; Spinal stenosis; Spondylolisthesis; spine fractures; sciatica; vertebroplasty; kyphoplasty; spinal decompression; spinal fusion; discectomy; disc prolapse; minimal access surgery; facet surgery; nerve blocks; conservative management of scoliosis; Coccygina
- Mrs Christine Curtis
- c/o Spencer Private Hospitals Ramsgate Road Margate CT9 4BG
- 01843 290795
- 07899 569122
- 01843 290795
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Velliyottillom Parameswaran Fee Assured
- Dr Nagendra Krishnan Natarajan Fee Assured
- Dr Martin Mayall Fee Assured
- Dr Christopher Perera Not Fee Assured
- Dr Chrysovalanti V Neroli Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgeon
East Kent Hospitals University Foundation Trust;
Honorary Senior Lecturer, King's College London
Fellow ad Eundem, Royal College of Surgeons of England, 2000
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Maltese - Native or bilingual
- Italian - Fluent
- MD University of Malta 1986
- MChOrth University of Dundee 1994
- FRCSEd Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh 1990
- FRCSEng Royal College of Surgeons of England 2000
- FRCSEdOrth Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh/ Intercollegiate Board 1994
Reference number 3639977
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.