- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Upper GI surgery
Jan Dmitrewski qualified from the Medical School in Warsaw, Poland in 1984.
In 1989 he moved to the West Midlands where he undertook his registrar and senior registrar training. He obtained his FRCS in 1991. His surgical training included a period of research and he was awarded MD by the University of Birmingham in 1997. Mr Dmitrewski was appointed as a Consultant General and Upper GI Surgeon in 1999, and is based at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Birmingham.
His main clinical interests are gastro-oesophageal cancer and gallstones. As a consultant surgeon he has performed over 1200 laparoscopic cholecystectomies and over 250 oesophageal and gastric cancer resections.
He is an examiner for the Intercollegiate Specialty Board in General Surgery.
Areas of interest
Gastroscopy (upper GI endoscopy);
- Julie Vine
- The B M I Edgbaston Hospital 22 Somerset Road Edgbaston BIRMINGHAM B15 2QQ
- 0121 452 2830
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Gowry R Simon Fee Assured
- Dr Jean-Pierre Lilley Fee Assured
- Dr Rangaswamy Chandrashekar Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Trust
Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- MB BS Warsaw Medical School, Poland 1984
- FRCS Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow 1991
- Doctor of Medicine University of Birmingham 1997
Reference number 3629035
- BMI The Edgbaston Hospital, B15 2QQ
- 18:00 - 20:00
- 0121 456 2000
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.