- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 23 Apr 2020
- Shoulder & Elbow
Prof. Tennent is recognised as an expert and innovator in shoulder surgery. He holds the patent for Arthroscopic Stabilisation of AC Joint injuries using the Tightrope System.
He is Professor of Orthopaedic Education at St. George's University of London on the council of the British orthopaedic Association and the British Elbow & Shoulder Society as well as the editorial board of the Bone & Joint Journal.
Areas of interest
Arthroscopy; keyhole surgery; sports injuries; shoulder replacement; shoulder stabilisation; dislocation; rotator cuff repair; impingement; frozen shoulder; shoulder pain; tennis elbow; elbow pain.
- ST. Anthonys Hospital 801 London Road Cheam Sutton SM3 9DW
- 07702 641031
- 07702 641031
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Daniel Roberts Fee Assured
- Dr Maria Teresa Parras Maldonado Fee Assured
- Dr Frank Schroeder Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
St. George's Hospital
Shoulder stabilisation, techniques for teaching shoulder surgery.
Married with 3 children and retired racing greyhounds. Running (not very fast), skiing.
Professor of Orthopaedic Education
Over 40 Publications and book chapters. These are detailed on www tennent.net
- FRCS(Orth) Royal Surgical Colleges 2001
- PGCert(MedEd) Dundee 2013
- FFSTEd Edinburgh 2015
- MAcadMedEd Academy of medical educators 2013
Reference number 3615450
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Treasurer British Elbow & Shoulder Society 2018
- Chair Education Committee British Elbow & Shoulder Society 2015
- Trustee British Orthopaedic Association 2018
Details of entry to specialist register
- Trauma & Orthopaedics, 2002
Affiliations / memberships
British Orthopaedic Association
British Elbow & Shoulder Society
Arthroscopy Association of North America
European Shoulder & Elbow Society
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details