- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Cataract Full Pathway provider
I offer Bupa customers standard cataract surgery on the Full Pathway package option at Optegra Eye Hospital Hampshire, Spire Portsmouth Hospital, BMI Goring Hall Hospital .
This package includes your appointments before and after surgery, as well as your surgery and mono-focal lenses. It means you won’t use up your out-patient benefit or receive any additional bills from your surgeon (or anaesthetist, if you need one) for eligible treatment.
Please call the Bupa Eye Care team to find out more about and to pre-authorise your treatment on 0345 600 7267.
- Surgical retinal
Mr Yang was appointed Consultant Ophthalmic and Vitreo-retinal Surgeon at the Queen Alexandra Hospital in 2003. In 2012, he was appointed Clinical Director of the Ophthalmology Department.
Mr Yang graduated from Aberdeen University Medical School in 1992. He went on to spend 7 years at the prestigious Moorfields Eye Hospital in London training under a number of world renowned ophthalmologists. This included specialist surgical training and further advance subspecialist training in both Surgical and Medical Retina diseases. Mr Yang has extensive experience in routine and complex retinal and cataract surgery.
Mr Yang is well published in peer-reviewed journals on a wide range of ophthalmology topics. He is also active in research and is currently a Principal Investigator in a macular degeneration study using radiation and new anti-VEGF drugs as a treatment modality.
In his spare time, Mr Yang enjoys tennis, cycling and snowboarding . He has three boys who keep him busy and active. His current spare time endeavour is to learn to play the violin.
Areas of interest
Cataract surgery; Retinal disease / surgery; Vitreoretinal surgery; Macular diseases; Macular degeneration; Glaucoma; Lid surgery
- Rosemary Kemp
- Optegra Solent Eye Hospital Fusion 3 Solent Business Park 1200 Parkway Whiteley FAREHAM PO15 7AD
- 01329 316706
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Ophthalmic and Vitreoretinal Surgeon, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth
Clinical Director, Eye Department, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth
Macular hole, Macular degeneration, Cataract Surgery with complex lens implantation
British Journal of Ophthalmology, Eye, British Medical Journal, Archives of Ophthalmology
Courses offered to GPs
Age related macular Degeneration - latest technology
Vitreomacular traction syndrome - Ocriplasmin as a novel treatment
Interpreting OCT scans
- MBChB Aberdeen University 1992
- FRCOphth Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London 2001
- FRANZCO Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists 2009
- Fellowship in Vitreoretinal Surgery Moorfields Eye Hospital, London 2001
- Fellowship in Medical Retina Moorfields Eye Hospital 2002
Reference number 3614954
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Fellow Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London 2001
- Fellow Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists 2009
- International member American Academy of Ophthalmology 2003
- Member British Medical Association 1992
Details of entry to specialist register
- Ophthalmology, 2001
- Optegra Solent Eye Hospital, PO15 7AD
- 12:00 - 13:30
- 023 9263 2930
- Spire Portsmouth Hospital, PO9 5NP
- 09:30 - 12:30
- 023 9263 2930
Post treatment communication
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details