- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Areas of interest
All general internal medicine, especially where there is diagnostic difficulty.
All emergency medicine including soft tissue injuries.
Reviews of medico legal aspects of medicine, especially mortality and death certification.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant in Acute General Medicine and Emergency Medicine, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
Medical Examiner for Department of Health
Chest pain diagnosis
National Clinical Lead for e-Learning (Medical Examiner)
- MB ChB Sheffield University 1992
- B Med Sci (hons) Sheffield University 1990
- FCEM College of Emergency Medicine 2003
- FRCP (Edin) Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh 2010
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chair Royal College of Pathologists Medical Examiner Committee Royal College of Pathologists 2009
- Member Death Certification Reforms Implementation Board Department of Health 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- General Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine, 2004
- Claremont Hospital 401 Sandygate Road...
- 09:30 - 12:00
- 0114 271 5769
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Claremont Hospital - I am available via mobile phone