- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
- Pain medicine
I am an experienced pain medicine consultant since 2001 and have treated a very large number of individuals with pain management problems. I have worked in several multidisciplinary teams and believe in a bespoke pain model putting patients at the centre of their decision-making.
Areas of interest
Pain medicine; back pain; epidurals: facet joint injections; rhizolysis; denervation; nerve root block; transformational epidural. Pelvic pain; vulvodynia; musculoskeletal pain;neuropathic pain; scar pain; post surgical pain; opioid prescribing; complex regional Pain syndrome; Neuromodulation; spinal cord stimulation regional nerve blocks, ultrasound; Botox; trigger point injection.
- Angela Allen
- Spire Nottingham Hospital Tollerton Lane Tollerton Nottingham NG12 4GA
- 0115 937 7683
- Sarah Mead
- B M I The Park Hospital Sherwood Lodge Drive Burntstump Country Park Arnold Nottingham NG5 8RX
- 0115 967 0670
- Video and telephone consultations
Current NHS consultant posts held
Clinical Lead for pain management Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
- MBBS University of London 1992
- BSc University of London 1989
- DA Royal College of Anaesthetists 1995
- FRCA Royal College of Anaesthetists 1997
- FFPMRCA Royal College of Anaesthetists 2007
Reference number 3589065
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST, 2001
Affiliations / memberships
Royal College of Anaesthetist's Faculty of pain medicine.
British Pain Society
Medical Defence Union
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Please contact the treating hospital who will contact me directly.