- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
After graduating with first class honours in medical sciences at Cambridge University, he qualified in 1992 from Oxford University Medical School. He was awarded a PhD for research on Guillain-Barré Syndrome. He trained as a neurology specialist registrar at Queen Square and other London hospitals.
He sees patients in all areas of general neurology, including epilepsy, headache, Parkinson’s disease and multiple sclerosis.
He leads the regional specialist peripheral nerve service at King’s College Hospital, London, recognised as a Centre of Excellence by the GBS/CIDP Foundation International, and the largest UK centre for skin biopsy for small fibre neuropathy.
Areas of interest
Peripheral nerve disorders
- NHS service at King's College Hospital: https://www.kch.nhs.uk/service/a-z/peripheral-nerve
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant neurologist since 2004 at King's College Hospital, London SE5 9RS, and Maidstone Hospital, Kent.
Clinical research in peripheral neuropathy especially inflammatory neuropathy (Guillain-Barre syndrome, CIDP, paraproteinaemic demyelinating neuropathy, vasculitic neuropathy). I have participated in many treatment trials.
Small fibre neuropathy.
Married with three children, running, cycling, badminton.
Co-author of international guidelines on diagnosis and treatment of CIDP, vasculitic neuropathy, paraproteinaemic demyelinating neuropathy.
Cochrane Review of treatment of Guillain-Barré Syndrome.
Two chapters in Oxford Textbook of Medicine.
Courses offered to GPs
Organiser of annual one-day King's Neuromuscular Symposium (aimed at neurological clinicians rather than GPs, small fee for registration). https://www.kcl.ac.uk/ioppn/news/events/2018/January/The-16th-Annual-King's-Neuromuscular-Disease-Symposium.aspx Symposium administrator email@example.com
- BM BCh Oxford University Medical School 1992
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2009
- PhD King's College Hospital 2000
- BA MA Cambridge University 1989
Reference number 3588992
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Honorary Secretary British Peripheral Nerve Society 2011
- Advisory Group in Neuromuscular Diseases Association of British Neurologists 2015
- Medical Advisory Board Guillain-Barre and Associated Inflammatory Neuropathies Charity 1997
- Board member Inflammatory Neuropathy Consortium of the Peripheral Nerve Society 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Neurology , 2004
Affiliations / memberships
Association of British Neurologists
Peripheral Nerve Society
British Peripheral Nerve Society
Inflammatory Neuropathy Consortium
European Academy of Neurology
- Kent Institute of Medicine & Surgery, ME14 5FT
- 10:30 - 17:00
- 01622 538125
- King's College Hospital (Guthrie Clinic), SE5 9RS
- 12:00 - 14:00
- 01622 538125
- Sevenoaks Medical Centre, TN13 2JD
- 08:30 - 10:00
- 01622 538125
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Ellie Mills 01622 538125 or 07588 751419