- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Dr Anshoo Sahota is a consultant dermatologist and has been fully registered with the GMC since 1992. Dr Sahota was appointed as Consultant Dermatologist at Whipps Cross University Hospital and also Barts and the London in December 2000.
He has been a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (FRCP) since 2005 and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine since 2003. He has been a Member of British Medical Association since 1991. His clinical interests include general dermatology, skin surgery, skin cancer treatment, hair and nail problems, and treatment of hyperhidrosis (excess sweating). He treats both adult patients and children.
He has a successful private practise based in London, where he also works for the National Health Service in London at Whipps Cross Hospital and the Royal London Hospital (both parts of Barts Healthcare NHS Trust).
He consults at Holly House Hospital (Buckhurst Hill), Spire Roding Hospital (Wanstead), Garden Hospital (Hendon), Highgate Hospital (Highgate), Wellington Diagnostic and Outpatient Centre (Golders Green) & City of London Medical Centre (Aldgate).
Dr Sahota is a registered provider with all the major UK insurance companies including BUPA, AXA PPP, Aviva, PruHealth, WPA, CS Healthcare, Cigna & Exeter Friendly. He is also happy to see uninsured patients.
Areas of interest
Dermatology in adults and children;
Micrographic surgery (MOHS / MMS); Acne; Moles; Dermatological surgery; Skin tumours / cancer / oncology;
Skin surgery for all skin lesions;
Hyperhidrosis - excessive sweating;
Mole checks and screening;
Keloid scar treatment;
Eczema in children and adults;
Rashes including drug reactions;
Ethnic skin treatment
- HytheHopes Ltd (Billing)
- HytheHopes Ltd PO Box 235 Shoeburyness SOUTHEND-ON-SEA SS3 9WT
- 01702 382362
- Dr Foster
- Personal Website
- Spire Website
- Highgate Hospital website
- Garden Hospital website
- Whipps Cross Hospital website
- Queen Mary College (diploma in dermatology) website
- City of London Medical Centre website
- British Association of Dermatologists website
Current NHS consultant posts held
Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, London E1 1BB
Whipps Cross Hospital, London E11 1NR
(both are part of Barts Healthcare NHS Trust)
Clinical Excellence Award Level 7
Finalist in BMJ Dermatology Department of the Year 2016
• Vulval intraepithelial neoplasia and periungual Bowen's disease concordant for mucosal (HPV–34) and epidermodysplasia verruciformis (HPV–21) human papillomavirus types. A. L. Ekeowa–Anderson, C. A. Harwood, C. M. Perrett, A. Sahota et al. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology 2007;32 (3):304–307.
• Seasonal cutaneous sarcoidosis: a photo–induced variant. Wong S, Pearce C, Markiewicz D, Sahota A. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2011 Jun;27(3):156–8.
Courses offered to GPs
GP lunchtime or evening talks by arrangement.
Patient satisfaction survey via Equiniti average scores (all out of 4.0):
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians 2005
- MB BS University of London 1991
- BSc (Hons) University of London 1988
- Mohs micrographic surgery and Laser treatment St Johns Institute of Dermatology 2000
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Treasurer Elect British Association of Dermatologists 2016
- Previously Chair of Dermatology Specialist Training Committee London Deanery 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- Anshoo Sahota / Dermatology, 2000
Affiliations / memberships
International Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
Fellow of the Royal Society Of Medicine
Member of St John's Dermatological Society since 2000.
Member British Society for Dermatological Surgery
- BMI The Garden Hospital, NW4 1RP
- 08:30 - 11:30
- 020 8203 6832
- City of London Medical Centre 11-13 Crosswall...
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 020 8257 1537
- Highgate Private Hospital, N6 4DJ
- 12:30 - 16:30
- 020 8341 4182
- Holly House Hospital, IG9 5HX
- 17:30 - 20:30
- 020 8936 1201
- Spire Roding Hospital, IG4 5PZ
- 13:30 - 16:00
- 020 8709 7878
- Wellington Diagnostics & Outpatients Centre...
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 020 8257 1537
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
020 3327 6350