- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Areas of interest
I have a heavy general commitment to all branches of cellular pathology but am particularly experienced in diseases of the breast and upper gastrointestinal tract. The laboratory in which I work is fully accredited and offers a full range of ancillary diagnostic tests. Lines of communication are particularly well-established with clinical consultant colleagues working in the Spire Wellesley Hospital, Southend.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Pathologist working at Southend NHS Foundation Hospital, Southend.
1. Grading the response to and the prognostic implications of a histological response to neoadjuvant chemotharapy in breast cancer patients.
2. Correlating minor abnormalities in diagnostic core biopsies with the eventual finaldiagnosis in larger operative specimens.
Days out with the children, tennis and motoring.
1. Most distinguished Male Graduate in my Qualifying Year at Medical School, Aberdeen
2. Cappell Award for the most distinguished dissertation in a subject in Pathology amongst Intercalated Degree Students in Scotland, 1988
An author in around 25 peer reviewed journal articles mostly on subjects concerning the diagnosis and treatment assessment of Breast Cancer.
- MB, ChB Aberdeen 1991
- B.Med.Biol. Aberdeen 1987
- FRCPath Royal College of Pathologist 1999
Reference number 3555314
Details of entry to specialist register
- Entry onto Specialist Register, 1999