- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Devices: dual chamber pacemaker insertion
- Devices: single chamber pacemaker insertion
- Electrophysiology complex cardiac ablation
- Electrophysiology simple cardiac ablation
- Reporting of echocardiography
I qualified in medicine in 1991 from the Royal Free Hospital School of Medicine, University of London. I trained in General Medicine and Cardiology in Leeds and London, sub specialising in the management of heart rhythm disorders ('arrhythmias') from 1999. I was appointed in 2003 as a consultant cardiologist specialising in the management of heart rhythm disorders. I am Deputy Director of the Barts Heart Centre, the largest cardiac centre in Europe. My practice encompasses every aspect of heart rhythm disorder management including investigation, drug treatment, mapping and catheter ablation using state-of-the-art technologies, and all aspects of device therapy: pacemakers including leadless pacemakers, defibrillators, cardiac resynchronisation therapy for heart failure and device extraction.
Areas of interest
All aspects of heart rhythm disorder investigation and management including drug treatment, catheter ablation and device therapy: pacemakers, leadless pacemakers, defibrillators and cardiac resynchronisation therapy for heart failure. Device extraction.
Current NHS consultant posts held
1. Consultant Cardiologist and Deputy Director of Barts Heart Centre, St Bartholomew's Hospital, Barts Health NHS Trust.
2. Honorary Consultant Cardiologist, Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
Novel catheter ablation strategies for atrial fibrillation
- BSc (Class I) University of London 1988
- MB BS University of London 1991
- MD University of London 2000
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians of London 2008
Reference number 3549854
Details of entry to specialist register
- Cardiology & General (Internal) Medicine, 2002
- London Bridge Hospital, SE1 2PR
- 08:00 - 19:00
- 020 7234 2497
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Cristina Thorne (Secretary) during office hours
020 7234 2497
Claire Chitty (Arrhythmia Nurse Specialist, London Bridge Hospital) during office hours
0207 234 2017
London Bridge Hospital 5th Floor Nurses' Station
020 7407 3100