- Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 18 May 2020
- General cardiology
- Interventional cardiology
I am a consultant cardiologist trained in the UK and have been practicing since 2002 both in the NHS as well as a private sector. My current base is in Colchester, Essex as well as in London.
My places of specialist training includes world renowned institutions (Papworth Hospital, Cambridge; Hammersmith Hospital, London and Prince of Wales Hospital,Hong Kong).
I am experience in broad areas of cardiology with interests in cardiac prevention and rehabilitation, heart rhythm disturbances and pacing, valvular heart diseases, management of hypertension, lipid control, diagnosis and the treatment of heart failure as well as coronary heart disease. My sub-specialty interest is interventional cardiology where I am highly experienced in the treatment of coronary artery disease via a percutaneous method (Angioplasty and stenting with Percutaneous Coronay Intervention).
I also have vast experience and carried out numerous coronary angiography as well as cardiac pacemaker insertion.
I also carry out non-invasive investigation include ECG/24 hours holter/Exercise ECG interpretation, transoesophageal echocardiogram and transthoracic echocardiography as well as myocardial perfusion scan imaging.
Areas of interest
Coronary and ischaemic heart disease; Interventional cardiology; Valvular heart disease; Arrhythmias; Angiography; Angioplasty; Coronary stenting
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist in Colchester Hospital since 18/03/2002
Senior Consultant Cardiologist . Member of the Essex Cardiac Network Board. Provide 2 cardiology clinics and daily cardiac service to inpatient and outpatient care. Managing CCU, RACPC, heart failure clinic and AF clinics. Undertaking invasive coronary and heart catheterisation ( 8 per week), Permanent pacing (3 per week), transoesophageal echo (2 per week). Training and supervision of Registrars and junior staff.
I am interested in the treatment of coronary artery disease and is a Principal Investigator for several major Trials which are currently on-going.
Fast cars, Snowboarding, travelling and fianlly...and most importantly my family.
(Additional) Languages spoken
1. Tang KH, Freeman LJ, Brooksby IAB. Heart-hand (Holt-Oram) syndrome. Br J Cardiol Nov 1998;5.11:603
2. Tang KH, Chan WWM, Chiu CW, Tse KK, Wong PHC, Sanderson JE. Stent restenosis in Asia: A single centre experience. Hong Kong J Int Med (submitted).
3. Tang KH, Chiu RCW, Woo KS. An ischaemic ECG…a rare consideration. JACC (submitted)
4. Sanderson JE, Haines C, Yeung L, Yip GWK, Tang K, Yim SF, Jorgensen LN, Woo J. Anti-ischaemic action of oestrogen/progesterone continuous combined hormone replacement therapy in Chinese postmenopausal women with established angina. Archives of Internal Medicine (submitted).
5. Tang KH, Shapiro LM. The Acute Coronary Syndrome: Unstable Angina. CPD Journal of Internal Medicine. 2000. 2:1;19-24
- BM Southampton University 1991
- FRCP RCP 2005
Reference number 3547106
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chairman of Medical Staff Committee Colchester University Hospital 2013
Details of entry to specialist register
- cardiology, 2001
- BMI The London Independent Hospital, E1 4NL
- 18:00 - 19:00
- 07920 111537
- Oaks Hospital Oaks Place Mile End Road...
- 17:30 - 19:00
- 07920 111537
- Orwell Private Cardiothoracic Unit, SS16 5NL
- 09:00 - 16:00
- 07920 111537
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.