- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- Lower GI surgery
I have been a consultant colorectal surgeon for 14 years and perform a wide range of benign pelvic floor operations for prolapse, constipation and incontinence as well as resectional surgery for cancer. I also perform surgery for hemorrhoids and other perianal problems such as fistulae and fissures. I perform a large proportion of surgery keyhole.
I am very active in training and hold national Royal College appointed posts related to this. I keep upto date with current practice and review submissions for publication to several journals
Areas of interest
Coloproctology; Colorectal surgery (lower GI)
- Ria Newton
- Nuffield Health Exeter Hospital Wonford Road Exeter EX2 4UG
- 01392 796895
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Edward J Hammond Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant colorectal surgeon, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS trust.
Guardian of safeworking, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS trust.
Deputy coloproctology tutor - Association of Coloproctology Great Britain and Ireland.
Surgical advisory committee member -Association of Coloproctology Great Britain and Ireland.
Education and training committee member -Association of Coloproctology Great Britain and Ireland.
Review grant application to British Disease Reasearch Foundation
Review articles -Annals of royal college surgeons.
Fitness and exercise - half marathon runner
Outcomes (checked and approved by medical professional body)
Please click on this link if you would like to see information about this healthcare professional’s performance compared to their peers, as published by their medical professional body.http://www.acpgbi.org.uk/surgeon-outcomes/
- MD university of London 2002
- MBBCh University of Wales college of medicine 1991
- FRCS royal colledge surgeons 1996
Reference number 3540714
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- training programme director southwest deanery 2012
- Guardian of safeworking royal devon & exeter nhs trust 2016
- education & training committee member association coloproctology great britain & ireland 2016
- Deputy coloproctology tutor association coloproctology great britain & ireland 2015
- Surgical advisory committee member association coloproctology great britain & ireland 2016
Affiliations / memberships
Association of Surgeons Great Britain & Ireland
Association Coloproctology Great Britain & Ireland
National Pelvic Floor Society
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.