- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Hereford county Hospital in 2004 and have been in private practice at Hereford Nuffield Hospital since the same year.
I specialise in the treatment of knee problems, hip problems and in sports injuries to the lower limb.
I currently hold the following positions:
Honorary Orthopaedic Surgeon to Hereford FC
Chairman Of Medical Accreditation Committee Nuffield Health Hereford
Orthopaedic Representative Medical Accreditation Committee Nuffield Health Hereford
British Orthopaedic Association Link man for Herefordshire
Areas of interest
• Arthroscopic Knee Surgery • Unicompartmental knee Replacement • Patellofemoral joint replacement • Hip replacement surgery • Knee replacement surgery • Revision Total Knee Replacement • Ligament reconstruction including anterior cruciate ligament • Knee surgery • Anterior knee pain • Degenerative knee disorders • Knee arthroscopy • Lower limb arthroplasty • Sports injuries • Correction of patella maltracking • Peri-trochanteric pain syndrome
- Bookings Department
- Nuffield Health Hereford Hospital Venns Lane HEREFORD HR1 1DF
- 01432 355131
- 01432 274979
- Kate Clark
- The Old Rectory Withington HEREFORD HR1 3QE
- 01432 853010
- 07712 277728
Anaesthetists worked with (Bupa members, please ask your consultant whether your anaesthetist is fee-assured)
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedeic Surgeon at Hereford County Hospital
Clinical Director for Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery at Wye Valley NHS Trust
Knee and Hip surgery
Enhanced recovery after surgery
Patient Specific Instrumentation for knee surgery
Rugby, Cricket, Shooting, Fishing,
A lot of dog walking - I currently own 3 labradors and a spaniel.
Football - Honorary orthopaedic surgeon to Hereford FC
Courses offered to GPs
Talks and seminars given at GP surgeries, Hereford Nuffield Hospital and other locations.
Deep infection rate for hip and knee replacement is less than 0.5% at Hereford Nuffield.
- FRCS(Tr & Orth) Intercollegiate 2003
- FRCS Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh 1996
- MB ChB University of Birmingham MedicalSchool 1991
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Clinical Director Trauma and Orthopaedics Wye Valley NHS Trust 2013
- Chairman Medical Accreditation Committee Hereford Nuffield Hospital 2012
- British Orthopaedic Association Linkman British Orthopaedic Association 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- Darren Clark, 2003
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association
Member of the British Trauma Society
Member of ISAKOS - The International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee surgery and Orthopaedic Sports medicine
Member of the British Medical Association
Member of the Medical Protection Society
- Nuffield Health Hereford Hospital
- 13:30 - 19:00
- 01432 355131
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Telephone the ward at Hereford Nuffield Hospital on 01432 355131
The staff will then either contact myself or if not available another consultant colleague.
All patients are given written instructions regarding this on discharge