- Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently:
- Accepting new patients
- Available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
- Video consultations
Last updated: 5 May 2020
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
(Performed most number of Knee Replacements in entire North-West England& Gr. Manchester in 2014)
*Sports Injuries, Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
*Conservative Management of
Areas of interest
Sports injuries; Knee Arthritis; Cartilage Tears; Knee disorders; Arthroscopic Knee surgery; Knee Replacements; Complex knee replacements; Knee surgery; Knee pain; Arthroscopy; Viscosupplementation; Cartilage surgery: locking knee; hip pain: trochanteric pain; Conservative management of Hip Disorders; Hip Arthritis; Steroid Injections; Patient Specific Knee Replacement; Knee Injections; Hip Injections; Bursitis
- Fairfield Independent Hospital
- Fairfield Independent Hospital Crank Road Crank St. Helens WA11 7RS
- 01744 746425
- 01744 739311
- Mrs Jill Dwyer
- BMI The Beaumont Hospital Old Hall Clough Chorley New Road Lostock BOLTON BL6 4LA
- 01204 404441
- 01204 404404
- Ms Dennis
- Centre For Hip Surgery Wrightington Hospital Hall Lane Appley Bridge Wrightington WIGAN WN6 9EP
- 07948 607912
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Rashmi Sharma Not Fee Assured
- Dr Harry Si-Fone Chan Fee Assured
- Personal website recording My Outcomes data and career details
- Euxton Hall Hospital
- Patient Testimonials
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at
Wrightington, Wigan & Leigh NHS Trust &
Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Edge Hill University
Hip & Knee surgery.
Scores of Presentations - Internationally and Nationally.
1. Patellar denervation - an RCT
Pulavarti R, McLauchlan G & Raut VV
Presentation - AAOS 2012, USA
2 “THR in DDH ”
Invited - Egyptian Pelvis & Hip Soc. Oct ’12 - Egypt.
3. “Knee Pain – Recent Advances in Treatment”
Invited - BIDA International Cong. Nov ’12 - Mauritius.
4. Pain after TKR. RCT of Local versus femoral nerve block.
A Ashraf, V Raut & G McLauchlan.
EFORT, Berlin, 2012.
Gardening, Traveling and Photography
Appointed Hon. Professor at Edge Hill University in 2012 for my contributions to the University towards conducting and organising the MChOrth Course.
Awarded the National Silver Clinical Excellence Award by NHS UK for my Excellent Clinical Outcomes, My Research Contribution, My efforts towards Recruiting and Training and Teaching Junior Doctors for the NHS.
(Additional) Languages spoken
- Hindi - Fluent
- Marathi (Marāṭhī) - Fluent
- Gujarati - Basic
Papers Published in International Peer Reviewed Journals - Total 44
1. Khan A, Raut V. 20 year radiological & Survival Analysis of the Titanium Tibial Keel PFC TKA undertaken by a Single Surgeon: J. Orthopaedics 2012; 9(3)e1
2. Ebeid, V. V. Raut. Medium Term Results of the Charnley Low Offset Stem. J. Bone Joint Surg (Br.) 2005
26. Mittal D, V. V. Raut. The Spike Osteotomy for Hallux Valgus, a clinical and radiological evaluation. J. Foot & Ankle Surg – 45 (4), 261-5, 2006.
27. Shreekumar S, V. V. Raut. Infection in Primary THA after previous steroid infiltration. . Int. Orthop. 31(1): 125-8. 2007.
29. A. Santini, V. V. Raut. Ten-year Survival Analysis of the PFC Total Knee Arthroplasty - A Surgeon's First 99 replacements. Int. Orthop - 32(4):459-65. 2007.
31. Desai A, Raut V. Does intraarticular steroid infiltration increase the rate of infection in subsequent TKR? Knee. 2009 Aug; 16(4):262-4.
32. Patel K, Raut V. Patella inTKA: to resurface or not to - a cohort study of staged bilateral total knee arthroplasty. Int Orthop. 2011 Mar; 35(3): 349-53.
4. V. V. Raut, M. H. Stone and B. M. Wroblewski. Femoral intramedullary alignment instrumentation and post-operative blood loss in Press-Fit Condylar knee arthroplasty.: J. Bone & Joint Surg.(Am.).; 75-A:1356-7, 1993.
6. V. V. Raut, M. H. Stone & B. M. Wroblewski. Autograft Technique for Deficient Acetabulum in Charnley LFA. J. Arthroplasty ; vol 9, 4, 1994.
11. V. V. Raut, P. D. Siney and B. M. Wroblewski. Revision for aseptic stem loosening using the cemented Charnley prosthesis: A review of 351 cases. J. Bone Joint Surg (Br.) , 77-B, No. 1, 23-27, 1995.
18. V. V. Raut, P. D. Siney and B. M. Wroblewski. Results of one stage revision of total hip arthroplasty for deep infection - a long term followup study. Clin.Orthop. No 321, pp 202-207, 1995.
Courses offered to GPs
Made presentations to GPs on various aspects of Knee and Hip surgery
I performed the most number of Knee replacements in North-west England and Greater Manchester last year -2014.
One of very few Orthopaedic Surgeons in the U.K. who has published his Personal Outcomes of Surgery in International peer-reviewed journals.
In my Personal series of Hip & Knee Replacements since 1996 to-date as Consultant, NO Patient has developed any early post-op MRSA infection of the artificial joint.
No complication of Nerve or Blood Vessel injury in any patients operated by me for Hip or Knee Replacement in 19 years.
I have published my personal results of Total Hip Replacement surgery in the British Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery in 2005 which showed a 100% survivorship of the artificial joint at 9 years for aseptic loosening.
My personal results of Total Knee Replacement surgery have been published in International Orthopaedics in 2007 which showed a 97.04% survivorship of the artificial joint at 9 years.
These were further updated and published in Journal of Orthopaedics in 2012 showing a 93.4% survivorship at 14 years with a maximum followup of 20 years.
90 Day Mortality after Hip or Knee Replacements has been ZERO in last 6 years - NJR Data
- FRCS Trauma & Orth. (Edinburgh) Royal College of Surgeons 1996
- MCh.Orth. (Liverpool) University of Liverpool 1992
Reference number 3533734
- BMI The Beaumont Hospital Chorley New Road...
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 01204 404404
- Euxton Hall Hospital Wigan Road Euxton...
- 13:00 - 17:00
- 01257 237002
- Fairfield Hospital Crank Road Crank ST...
- 17:30 - 20:00
- 01744 746425
- John Charnley Wing Wrightington Hospital Hall...
- 10:00 - 13:00
- 07948 607912
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Hospital Main Reception