- Fee assured
- Verified this account
I have been a consultant paediatrician for 22 years and have large experience in allergy. I am the lead paediatrician for allergy at West Herts Hospitals looking after a high volume of patients with variable levels of complexities giving me a high degree of experience in treating allergies.
As a parent and a consultant paediatrician I am acutely aware how important it is for parents to have rapid access to a familiar paediatric health service practitioner. I respect that need and will always respond to parents and patients as speedily and as practically as possible, in both my NHS and private practices.
I have been a consultant in paediatrics since 1992. Immediately before that I trained in the tertiary center of the Royal Hospital for Sick Children (RHSC) in Glasgow for the period between 1987 and 1992. I thoroughly enjoyed that period even though it was well before the merciful days of the European Working Time Directive.
In addition to my interest in the variety of concerns that general paediatrics has to offer, I am especially fascinated by immunological disorders, particularly allergic disorders. I am actually one of a small group of paediatricians with specific qualifications in allergy.
The immune system is not only involved in our good health and allergy but also in some important illnesses including recurrent infections, rheumatology and many other organ disorders which can all happen as a result of the workings or lack of workings of the immune system.
I manage a considerable large and busy practice at Spire Harpenden, Spire Bushey and West Herts NHS Hospitals treating a large number of patients and a full array of general paediatric and paediatric allergy problems.
In my practice I employ a natural investigative, patient, deliberate and unhurried approach to history taking in order to try and tease out and collect those important clues about the health of those in their early non-articulate but still communicative period of life. I therefore usually spend about 80% of the consultation time listening to parents and their babies. I try to make this process as enjoyable as possible, even for older age groups who on occasions require help to recall relevant symptoms.
Areas of interest
General Paediatrics; Food Allergies; Eczema; Allergic Rhinitis; Allergic Asthma; Skin Prick Testing; Recurrent Infections and Growth Disorders
- Mrs Iman Elsherif
- 90 Oakwood Road Bricket Wood ST ALBANS AL2 3QA
- 07958 379957
- 07958 379957
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Paediatrician and Lead Paediatric Allergist at Hemel Hempstead and General Watford Hospitals.
Clinical relevance of component allergy testing
I am married with four children, the youngest is 10 years old. In my free time, I enjoy both non-fictional and fictional reading. I am also a gym enthusiast and poetry writer. As a non-professional writer, I have to be moved to write and I am easily moved .. by events, sights and thoughts. My writing pen is also frequently triggered by thought-provoking news, readings or even .. the stars.
- Fellow of the Royal College for Paediatrics and Child Health (FRCPCH) Royal College of Paediatrics, London 1997
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Ireland 1988
- Master Degree in Paediatrics Zagazig University, Egypt 1984
- Diploma of Child Health London 1988
- Allergy Diploma Southampton University 2012
- MBBCh with honours Ain-Shams University, Cairo, Egypt 1979
- Diploma of Child Health Glasgow 1988
Reference number 3530913
Details of entry to specialist register
- Dr Hany M A El-Naggar/ Paediatrician, 1991
Affiliations / memberships
* Member of the British Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunolgy
* Member of the European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
* Fellow of the Royal College of Paediatric and Child Health
* Member of the London Paediatric Allergy Group
* Member of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (Dublin)
- Spire Bushey Hospital, WD23 1RD
- 09:00 - 13:00
- 020 8950 9090
- Spire Harpenden Hospital, AL5 4BP
- 08:30 - 13:30
- 01582 763191
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
Dr Hany El-Naggar 07958 379957