- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- General urology
- Urological oncology
Areas of interest
Prostate disease including prostate cancer; Prostate template biopsies; targeted prostate biopsies; Urological oncology; Laparoscopic procedures ('keyhole surgery'); Robotic surgery; renal cancer
- Christine Gregson
- Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital 67 Lansdowne Road BOURNEMOUTH BH1 1RW
- 01202 551060
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr Martin X Clark Not Fee Assured
- Dr Peter D Berridge Not Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Urological Surgeon
Royal Bournemouth hospital
The diagnosis and management of localised prostate cancer, particularly using MRI and targeted prostate template biopsy.
Low dose rate prostate brachytherapy and robotic radical prostatectomy.
The management of lower urinary tract symptoms, their medical management, prostate artery embolisation and TURP
Cycling both road and mountain.
Completed the Prudential Ride 100 in 2015 raising over £1000 for Prostate Cancer UK
Keith Yates Medal, Intercollegiate Speciality Exam 2001
Courses offered to GPs
Regular lectures to GPs in training within Dorset and GP study days.
My radical prostatectomy data is submitted to the British Association of Urological Surgeons database where it is published alongside my peers results.
- MB BS University of London 1990
- FRCS (Urol) Intercollegiate Speciality Board 2001
- Visiting Fellowship Cleveland Clinic 2002
- Visiting Fellowship Johns Hopkins 2002
- British Urological Foundation Fellowship Seattle Prostate Institute (Brachytherapy) 2007
- Laparoscopic Prostatectomy Fellowship University of Leipzig 2008
- Robotically Assisted Radical Prostatectomy Masterclass Martini Clinic, University of Hamburg 2014
Reference number 3496389
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Examiner Intercollegiate Speciality Board in Urology 2014
- Training Programme Director Wessex Urology Wessex Deanery 2014
- Examiner International Exam ISCB Urology 2019
Details of entry to specialist register
- Urology Specialist Register, 2002
Affiliations / memberships
British Association Of Urological Surgeon (BAUS)
- Nuffield Health Bournemouth Hospital, BH1 1RW
- 08:00 - 17:30
- 01202 551060
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.