- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Head & neck oncology
I have been a Consultant Surgeon since 1997. I have extensive experience in treating conditions of the mouth, face, jaws and neck.
I have undergraduate Medical MBBS & Dental BDS degrees and a post-graduate Master in Laws degree LLM. I am a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, FRCS and FDS.
I am in full time NHS practice and run a private practice in Kent
Areas of interest
Wisdom tooth removal; repair of damaged lingual nerves (numbness of tongue) following wisdom tooth removal; oral health screening for potentially cancerous lesions; treatment of red and white patches in the mouth; removal lumps and bumps in the mouth; treatment of oral cancer and neck cancer.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Maxillofacial / Head & Neck Surgeon
The Queen Victoria Hospital East Grinstead and
Medway Maritime Hospital, Gillingham, Kent.
I am Chair of the West Kent Head & eck Multidisciplinary Team
Oral cancer prevention
Golf, rugby, skiing
Guitarist in a blues band
Clinical Excellence Award Level 6
I have had over 60 papers published in peer reviewed journals .
I was on the NICE Guideline Development Committee that wrote national guidance for the management of head and neck cancer, published in 2016
- FRCS General Surgery Royal College of Surgeons England 1992
- LLM Master in Laws Cardiff University Law School 2010
- Fellowship in Dental Surgery Royal College of Surgeons England 1988
- Fellow Faculty Dentistry Royal College of Surgeons Ireland 1984
- FRCS Maxillofacial Surgery Royal College of Surgeons Ireland 1996
Reference number 3493946
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Chairman Intercollegiate Examination Board FRCS Royal College of Surgeons 2013
- Specialty Advisory Committee Royal College of Surgeons 2013
- Council British Association Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons Royal College of Surgeons England 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- Oral & Maxillofacial surgery, 1997
Affiliations / memberships
Fellow British Association Oral Maxillofacial Surgeons
British Association Head & Neck Oncologists
- Spire Alexandra Hospital, ME5 9PG
- 09:00 - 12:00
- 01892 861566
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details