- Not Fee assured
- Verified account
- General cardiology
Dr Rachael James trained in London and was appointed as a Consultant Cardiologist at the Sussex Cardiac Centre in 2004.
Dr James is trained in all aspects of general cardiology and specialises in echocardiography, valve disease, endocarditis and cardiac disease in pregnancy. Dr James holds British Society of Echocardiography accreditation in both Transthoracic and Transoesophageal echocardiography with > 20 years experience and is trained in congenital echo.She is a council member for the UK Maternal Cardiology Society.
Areas of interest
Echocardiography; Heart disease in Pregnancy; Valvular heart disease including endocarditis.
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist and Deputy Medical Director, Sussex Cardiac Centre, University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust, Brighton.
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians London 2010
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians London 1994
- MD University of London 2003
- MB BS University of London 1991
- BSc University of London 1989
- Accreditation in Transoesophageal Echo British Society of Echocardiography 2003
- Accreditation in Transthoracic Echo British Society of Echocardiography 1999
Reference number 3492811
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST Cardiology & General Internal Medicine, 2003
Affiliations / memberships
British Cardiovascular Society
British Society of Echocardiography
UK Maternal Cardiology Society
British Heart Valve Society
- 2 Montefiore RoadHOVEBN3 1RD
- 14:00 - 18:30
- 07903 739468
Post treatment communication
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
01273 696955 and ask for Dr James