- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
Dr Rachael James trained in London and was appointed as a Consultant Cardiologist at the Sussex Cardiac Centre in 2004. She also works at the Royal Alexandra Children’s Hospital in Brighton where she undertakes a specialist adolescent clinic.
Dr James is trained in all aspects of general cardiology and specialises in echocardiography. She holds British Society of Echocardiography accreditation in both transthoracic and transoesophageal echocardiography and European accreditation in paediatric and congenital echocardiography. Dr James is a consultant with a special interest in adult congenital heart disease and she also specialises in cardiac disease in pregnancy, running a maternal cardiology service which is accessed across the region. Other areas of interest include valve disease and endocarditis.
Areas of interest
Echocardiography; Endocarditis, Heart disease in Pregnancy, Valvular heart disease; Adolescent Cardiology, Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist, Sussex Cardiac Centre, Royal Sussex County Hospital, Eastern Road, Brighton.
- BSc University of London 1989
- MB BS University of London 1991
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians London 1994
- MD University of London 2003
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians London 2010
- Accreditation in Transthoracic Echo British Society of Echocardiography 1999
- Accreditation in Transoesophageal Echo British Society of Echocardiography 2003
- Accreditation in Paediatric and Congenital Echo European Association of Echo 2012
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST Cardiology & General Internal Medicine, 2003
Affiliations / memberships
British Cardiovascular Society
British Society of Echocardiography
British Congenital Cardiac Association
British Heart Valve Society
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.