- Not Fee assured
- Verified this account
This healthcare professional let us know that they are currently available for:
- Face-to-face consultations
- Phone consultations
Last updated: 12 Nov 2020
- General cardiology
Dr Rachael James trained in London and was appointed as a Consultant Cardiologist at the Sussex Cardiac Centre in 2004.
Dr James is trained in all aspects of general cardiology and specialises in echocardiography,valve disease, endocarditis and cardiac disease in pregnancy. Dr James is also a consultant with a special interest in adult congenital heart disease. She holds British Society of Echocardiography accreditation in both Transthoracic and Transoesophageal echocardiography and is trained in paediatric and congenital echo.
Areas of interest
Echocardiography; Heart disease in Pregnancy; Valvular heart disease including endocarditis; Adult Congenital Heart Disease
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant Cardiologist, Sussex Cardiac Centre, Royal Sussex County Hospital, Eastern Road, Brighton.
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians London 2010
- MD University of London 2003
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians London 1994
- MB BS University of London 1991
- BSc University of London 1989
- Accreditation in Transoesophageal Echo British Society of Echocardiography 2003
- Accreditation in Transthoracic Echo British Society of Echocardiography 1999
Reference number 3492811
Details of entry to specialist register
- CCST Cardiology & General Internal Medicine, 2003
Affiliations / memberships
British Cardiovascular Society
British Society of Echocardiography
British Congenital Cardiac Association
British Heart Valve Society
- 2 Montefiore RoadHOVEBN3 1RD
- 14:00 - 18:00
- 01273 664642
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.