- Fee assured
- Verified this account
- Chest radiology
- Gastrointestinal/hepatobiliary radiology
- General cross sectional
- Interventional radiology
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Non-vascular interventional radiology
I am an experienced general diagnostic and interventional radiologist, and have been a Consultant since 2003.
I served as Clinical Lead for the Department from 2010- 2016, and am currently Lead for Interventional Radiology at Wexham Park and Heatherwood Hospitals.
I perform a wide range of diagnostic and interventional procedures, and teach on courses.
Areas of interest
Uroradiology diagnostic (including CT urogram, MRI prostate & penile, US penile doppler), interventional (including nephrostomy, JJ stent, PCNL, varicocele embolisation);
Vascular imaging and intervention (including angiography, angioplasty and vascular access such as ports, miniports, Hickman and PICC lines), and fibroid (uterine artery) embolisation;
Biopsy and drainage procedures including placement of permanent drains such as Rocket drains;
Musculoskeletal imaging and intervention including joint injections, nerve root blocks;
Neuroimaging and Lumbar puncture;
- Dr David D Maudgil FRCP FRCR
- Wexham Park Hospital Wexham Street Wexham Slough SL2 4HL
- 01753 633548
Current NHS consultant posts held
Consultant General and Interventional Radiologist, Wexham Park Hospital, Frimley Health Foundation Trust
Interventional Radiology, especially uterine artery embolisation for fibroids, varicocele embolisation, peripheral access including PICC lines and portacaths.
Diagnostic radiology including uroradiology, musculoskeletal radiology, cross sectional radiology, neuroradiology
Theatre, travel, jazz music
Medical school prizes (8), two student travel bursaries.
Journal of Anatomy,
Archives of Neurology,
New England Journal of Medicine.
European Journal of Radiology,
Journal of Urology
Courses offered to GPs
Have lectured on:
Interventional Radiology, including varicocele and fibroid embolisation.
Various aspects of diagnostic imaging, especially carotid artery imaging and stroke.
Uroradiology including renal colic.
- B.Sc. in Radiological Sciences, 1st class Hons London University 1988
- MBBS Guys Hospital 1991
- MRCP Royal College of Physicians, London 1994
- FRCR Royal College of Radiologists, UK 2001
- FRCP Royal College of Physicians, London 2018
Reference number 3492567
Professional bodies (positions held - last 3 yrs)
- Specialty DIrector of Radiology Wexham Park and Heatherwood Hospitals 2010
- Lead for Interventional Radiology Wexham Park and Heatherwood Hospitals 2016
Details of entry to specialist register
- Consultant Radiologist, 2003
Affiliations / memberships
BSIR (British Society of Interventional Radiology)
RSNA (Radiological Society of North America)
- Clementine Churchill Hospital
- 11:30 - 13:30
- 020 8872 3903
- Princess Margaret Hospital, Windsor
- 14:30 - 17:30
- Spire Thames Valley Hospital
- 16:00 - 18:00
- 01753 662241
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details
via Wexham Park Hospital Switchboard on 01753633000