- Not Fee assured
- Awaiting verification
I am the Lead Cancer Clinician at Guy's & ST Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust with a focus on high quality healthcare. I am a key opinion leader in stem cell transplantation and chair the UK group for transplantation in auto-immune disorders such as Multiple sclerosis or Crohn's disease. I have undertaken the greatest number of these transplants in the UK. I am a key opinion leader in Myeloma and lead several national studies. I am also involved in the UK guidelines group for myeloma.
Areas of interest
Myeloma; General haematology; Haematological oncology; Marrow or stem cell transplantation (surgery); UK lead for stem cell transplantation in multiple sclerosis and other auto-immune disorders
Current NHS consultant posts held
Clinical Director for Oncology & Haematology at Guy's & St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust. Consultant Haematologist- Guy's & St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust and King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Myeloma; Stem cell transplantation in auto-immune diseases.
Sport- football, cricket & Squash
Movies and Reading
Local Clinical excellence awards
Last 3 publications...
1. Stem cell transplantation for severe autoimmune diseases: Consensus guidelines of the European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT) for immune monitoring and biobanking. BMT 2014 Tobias Alexander1, Attilio Bondanza2, Paolo A. Muraro3, Raffaella Greco2, Riccardo Saccardi4, Thomas Daikeler5, Majid Kazmi6, Chris Hawkey7, Belinda Pinto Simoes8, Katharina Leblanc9, Willem E Fibbe10, John Moore11, Emilian Snarski12, Thierry Martin13, Falk Hiepe1, Andrea Velardi14, , Antoine Toubert15, , John A. Snowden16 and Dominique Farge17 on behalf of the EBMT Autoimmune Diseases Working Party (ADWP) and Immunobiology Working Party (IWP)
2. Autologous stem cell transplantation (asct) in severe, resistant crohn's disease: long-term follow-up of UK patients treated on compassionate basis. Snowden JA, Ansari A, Sachchithanantham S, Jackson G, Thompson N, Lobo A, Sanderson J, Kazmi M. QJM. 2014 May 5. [Epub ahead of print]
3. Peripheral Blood Hematopoietic Stem Cells for Transplantation of Hematological Diseases from Related, Haploidentical Donors after Reduced-Intensity Conditioning. Raj K, Pagliuca A, Bradstock K, Noriega V, Potter V, Streetly M, McLornan D, Kazmi M, Marsh J, Kwan J, Huang G, Getzendaner L, Lee S, Guthrie KA, Mufti GJ, O'Donnell P. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2014 Mar 18. pii: S1083-8791(14)00152-9. doi: 10.1016/j.bbmt.2014.03.003. [Epub ahead of print]
Courses offered to GPs
Interpreting the full blood count.
Plasma cell disorders
Stem cell transplantation
General Haematological problems
- B.Med.Biol, MBChB with Commendation, University of Aberdeen 1991
- FRCP, Royal College Physicians 2008
- FRCPath Royal College Pathologists 2004
Reference number 3488456
Details of entry to specialist register
- Haematology, 1998
Affiliations / memberships
American Society of Haematology
British Society of Marrow Transplantation
European Group for Blood and Marrow transplantation
- London Bridge Hospital, SE1 2PR
- 17:00 - 20:00
- 020 7188 2757
Post treatment communication
Following treatment of a Bupa member, I will communicate with GPs in line with Department of Health, GMC and appropriate professional bodies guidelines.
In the event of an urgent query following treatment, Bupa members should use the following contact details