- Fee assured
- Verified this account
Mr Lam qualified from Nottingham University and completed his spinal surgery training at the Centre for Spinal Surgery and Studies, Nottingham. He completed his spinal fellowship training after visiting a number of renowned European spinal centres of excellence.
Mr Khai Lam is a highly qualified practicing spinal surgeon who has implanted more than 1000 spinal disc replacements since 2004. He is considered a key opinion leader and reference centre for spinal disc replacement surgery, minimal anterior access surgery (MASS), extra-lateral interbody fusion (XLIF), minimally invasive surgery (MISS), revision spine surgery and complex spinal deformities. He is a regular trainer of many visiting spinal surgeons from all around the globe.
Areas of interest
• Back pain • Minimal access / invasive surgery • Spinal surgery • Cervical spine (diseases and disorders of) • Lumbar spine (diseases and disorders of) • Scoliosis • Disc replacement • Sciatica • Degenerative spine disorders
- Lorraine Hurt
- First Floor St Olaf's House London Bridge Hospital 27 Tooley Street LONDON SE1 2PR
- 020 7403 4516
- 07881 814081
- 020 7234 2260
Anaesthetists worked with
- Dr David Daniels Not Fee Assured
- Dr Hanif Meeran Not Fee Assured
- Dr John Anderson Not Fee Assured
- Dr Alastair M Skelly Fee Assured
Current NHS consultant posts held
Guys & St Thomas Hospital
Mr Lam is active in both clinical and laboratory research into low back pain secondary to lumbar disc degeneration.
Mr Lam was the first British recipient of the Gold 'La Medaille d'Honneur' from L'Etiole Europeenne du Devouement Civil et Militaire for his work in helping children with serious spinal conditions, treating aircraft ejectee pilots with spinal injuries, and his involvement with developing novel spinal implants and technologies
Mr Lam is in constant demand on the international training circuit. He has published widely and is highly regarded as one of the UK's pioneers in innovative spinal surgery procedures
Reference number 3487383